Login screen with Windows 10 doesn't appear after I turn on computer

Dcmeck

Prominent
Mar 7, 2017
The login screen does not appear after I turn on my computer. I am using Windows 10. The spinning dots appear followed by a screen that has an ocean/rock scene. The time and date appear at the bottom left of the screen, but I can't do anything to get it to load the login screen. This problem just started a few days ago.

Solution
ok, from the login screen, click on the power button again, while the menu shows that offers shutdown, restart & sleep, hold the left shift key & click restart
this loads advanced startup
lets see if startup repair can fix this
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose start up repair - this will scan PC and maybe fix this - will ask for logon info

Colif

Win 11 Master
have you tried restarting PC? not shutdown/turn on but the restart command? does screen have 3 icons along bottom? If so, click power and then the restart command

Are you attached to the internet? I have seen the pop up screen be slow after turning PC on after its been unplugged

have you tried ctrl alt del at the screen?

Dcmeck

Prominent
Mar 7, 2017

I am connected to the internet, and i have restarted multiple times. I have also let it sit for quite some time to let it load, but no login screen comes up (even hours later). And I have tried control-alt-delete. It does nothing.

Colif

Win 11 Master
ok, from the login screen, click on the power button again, while the menu shows that offers shutdown, restart & sleep, hold the left shift key & click restart
this loads advanced startup
lets see if startup repair can fix this
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose start up repair - this will scan PC and maybe fix this - will ask for logon info

Solution

Leo_40

Prominent
Mar 8, 2017
This began for me yesterday as well- out of the blue.
I now have a new Win10 installation USB but it won't let me install saying I started the computer from the install media.
My login screen flashes but disappears thus you cannot access the shift/power buttons.

Colif

Win 11 Master

I really hate that message, as removing USB and starting normally doesn't work either.

is there anything on C drive you want to rescue? try making this on another PC: http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/use-ubuntu-live-cd-to-backup-files-from-your-dead-windows-computer/

you might need to fresh install since you can't get past that stupid message. But to get past error you probably need to run dban on the drive and erase it, and then fresh install over top. Follow this guide: http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1950-windows-10-clean-install.html

if you need any more help you might be best creating own question as I haven't solved this one yet :)