Annoying issue with new gaming rig.

StevenEngland15

Prominent
Mar 7, 2017
So i've had this issue that's been annoying the crap out of me, but i'm not software, or hardware savvy enough to figure it out. This is my current build: http://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/2714309

I'm currently wired directly to my router(if that matters.) The issue that's been happening doesn't really happen under load(That i've noticed.) It's really only when i'm watching videos on YouTube(using google chrome). Basically i'll just get a stutter. Everything will slow down for a second or so and the audio will cut out, and sound like a plug came loose or something for a moment. This seems to be an issue that's getting worse as time goes on! Thanks for the help in advance.

Solution
First thought would be your network adaptor drivers. If you have a UBS WiFI dongle. try using that for a bit and seeing it the problem remains.
Other than, I don't know if it is relevant but maybe try disabling the XBOX DVR setting. See if that might help too. I do recall the issue you are having though. I used to have the same issue with my Wifi adaptor and after formatting countless times to resolve it, I found that it was my wifi adaptor. Upgraded it to a newer model and works like a charm ever since.

Colif

Win 11 Master
did you download the latest drivers from the Asrock web site for motherboard? Judging by your benchmark your CPU, SSD & Memory are running lower than expected so it could be chipset and SATA drivers though your 2TB drive seems pretty fast in comparison.

Might want to look at BIOS as well as newer boards tend to get more BIOS updates to fix compatibility issues

StevenEngland15

Prominent
Mar 7, 2017
It sometimes happens when I play League too. Frame rate is capped at 144, but sometimes it drops to around 70 or 80 for a split second. If I turn frame rate cap off it stays around 400. Don't know if it drops from there or not because I don't play with it uncapped.

Digital Aurora

Reputable
Nov 24, 2015
First thought would be your network adaptor drivers. If you have a UBS WiFI dongle. try using that for a bit and seeing it the problem remains.
Other than, I don't know if it is relevant but maybe try disabling the XBOX DVR setting. See if that might help too. I do recall the issue you are having though. I used to have the same issue with my Wifi adaptor and after formatting countless times to resolve it, I found that it was my wifi adaptor. Upgraded it to a newer model and works like a charm ever since.

Solution