Acer Monitor: Input Not Supported?

LtCmdr

Honorable
Dec 10, 2013
I recently bought a new laptop (Dell Inspiron 5565 - Windows 10, AMD FX-9800P Radeon R7).
I went to hook it up to a 2011 Acer S201HL monitor I have and I'm getting the error "Input Not Supported" floating around the screen.

In my search for a solution, I've seen that many people have seen this error under various circumstances and have tried many of the solutions to no avail (including the obvious "turn it off and on again"). Changing resolution, adjusting in Safe Mode, modifying Color Profiles, and the recommended solutions in similar threads on this and other threads don't work.

Misc Details:

• The error is not a result of any programs I'm running. It's always there and never changes (no laptop information appears when restarting the laptop).

The monitor is connected with a brand new VGA-HDMI converter (Sidenote: It is somewhat concerning that when I disconnect the HDMI from the port, it's very hot; I've unplugged HDMI adapters and HDMI cords a million times before and it's normal for them to be, you know, "machine warm," but this is HOT. However, I've always been kind of an Nvidia gal and I know AMD hardware tends to run hot so I realize that may be a contributing factor.)

My laptop does register the monitor. I can see the information in my Device Manager, my Display settings, and I can even run the cursor to the monitor side of the screen and it will go into the abyss of the monitor's designated area.
Since it's a brand new laptop and I finally got all my programs and client accounts imported, messing around in the BIOS makes me a bit nervous (especially since hardware is not my strongest suit). This is my "out of town" travel monitor, so while I would be a little annoyed at the prospect of having to buy a new "modern" model that's compatible with my new laptop, I can't say I'd be surprised as I've already had to upgrade a ton of my old software that ran on my previous old-as-dirt laptop.

Anyway, any suggestions would be great! Thanks!

Solution
Change ur resolution to 1366x786
I think ur converter is faulty
Hdmi supports a very high standard of video resolution
I reckon a hdmi to dvi converter if ur monitor has a dvi port

sidfrgaming

Commendable
Mar 28, 2016
Change ur resolution to 1366x786
I think ur converter is faulty
Hdmi supports a very high standard of video resolution
I reckon a hdmi to dvi converter if ur monitor has a dvi port