password at startup

Trinket the cat

Commendable
Sep 16, 2016
how do I disable the startup password I did not want one and when I had to signup for a microsoft account it put one on my startup page and I can't get rid of it now everytime I boot up my pc I have to enter a password, I am sic of it

Just FYI, but when I do that I'm given TWO options:
a) Manage my Microsoft Account, or
b) Sign in with a local account instead.

I don't want to change accounts to LOCAL as I have had problems with program folders no longer working (like Comic Collector). And, I used to be able to remove my password, but now with a Microsoft account (e-mail/password) I can't change anything.

*If I follow the links to "Manage my Microsoft Account" all I can do is CHANGE the password, and it must have characters. It can't be BLANK.

(Also, I reinstalled Windows for my parents. WIPED the SSD completely first. When I used the W10 install media it automatically LOGGED in with the e-mail and password used before. Yep. I did not put any of that information in, the drive was blank so Microsoft detected the system and put in that automatically. SIGH.)

Dooop805

Respectable
Nov 10, 2016

Yea, sorry man that's the only way I was able to do it. I had to sign into windows to activate my license. So the only way i found to have no password is when your using a local account. my local account has all permissions works perfectly normal.

BadAsAl

Distinguished
I use the PIN option so I only have to put in a 4 digit code to sign in instead of my whole password which is easier.
You didn't have to set the computer up with a Microsoft Account to use it, but now that you have, you either live with the password or switch to a local account.