First timer new PC build, no display

fabrownii718

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2017
Ok folks I've done a lot of reading these last 4 hours. I just completed my first computer build and everything starts up but I cannot get anything on the screen. Below are the specs:
Intel Pentium G4560
MSI B150M Grenade MB
Samsung 250GB SSD
EVGA 400 PSU
2x4GB HyperX Fury DDR4 2400 memory (compatible per MSI's website)
No extra graphics card

I started it up after I put it all together and she cranked up, no beeps, no screen display. I went through made sure everything was connected correctly but that wasn't the problem. I found tis website and tried the unplug everything and start boot up from scratch. This time with nothing plugged in and no memory installed I got 3 long beeps, no display. Next, I added 1 stick of memory in slot 1 and no beeps, no display. I do not know what to do from here. Please help me.

adiec

Honorable
needs a 2xx series motherboard or you will have to use a skylake cpu to flash the bios to get the g4560 to work with your b150 motherboard. so you will have to return the b150 motherboard and replace it with a b250 motherboard.

fabrownii718

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2017
Anybody? Any help would be greatly appreciated. If my only option is to take this thing back apart and try and ship it back, I'll do it today. I want that to be absolute last resort. Also, if that is the case, any recommendations on a ne motherboard that IS compatible?

I already have 4gbx2 Hyper X Fury DDR4 2400 memory sticks

Thanks

adiec

Honorable
i have told you what the problem is! the intel pentium g4560 is a kaby lake processor and b150 motherboards only support kabylake processors if you update the bios. unless you have access to a skylake processor you won't be able to update the bios .. you could take it to a pc repair shop and pay to have it done or ask a friend who has a skylake processor to flash the bios for you. the website is correct - the b150 does support the kaby lake processors but only with an updated bios. b250 motherboards support kabylake cpus out of the box.. b150 currently do not.

adiec

Honorable
any z270 h270 b250 motherboard will support that cpu out of the box. you aren't the first to have this issue and you definitely won't be the last ! i own this cpu and i use a b250m mortar motherboard (MSI). there is nothing wrong with your components nor have you done anything wrong - you just need to either flash the bios or swap the motherboard out for a 200 series.

fabrownii718

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2017
Thank you for explaining. Much appreciated. I have ordered the GIGABYTE GA-B250M-DS3H from Amazon for $70. Hopefully it works better. They're letting me return the old one.

adiec

Honorable

no problem . that gigabyte board will work fine with your cpu. if you require any other assistance don't hesitate to ask. hopefully your new pc will be up and running within a few days :)

TRENDING THREADS