Pc stuck in a restart loop, Yet Seems to have a mind of its own.

Devio_

Prominent
Mar 10, 2017
So i was just sitting on ARMA and ended up dropping an empty cup on my keyboard. Keyboard isnt damaged it just pressed a bunch of keys. Its a firm heavy keyboard so i wasnt worried about that. Suddenly my pc went into restart, I thought it must of hit a key combo to restart my pc, I sighed and let it did its thing, now its not even starting. Its stuck in a constant loop.

Yet ...

Every now and then it will boot to desktop, then after about 5 minutes turns off and continues its loop. Another problem i'm having with the loop is that sometimes it will load video drivers ect, and sometimes it will just sit there. No audio tones to indicate it is trying to do anything. Strange thing is that when nothing happens and it just sits there, not even the power button works ... Odd.

I'm no hardware savvy person, i know allot about system but not hardware. I cannot give specifics in that case.

This has happened once before, and i assumed it was over heating. So i checked the temperature with a heat gun and the CPU was only reading round about 25 - 30 idle. So it wasn't the CPU overheating, but i replaced the thermal gell just in case. And after a bunch of more attempts of restarting, leaving it with no power connected. and just patients it resolved itself. no idea why.

I have done the usual fixes for a restart loop, Checked ram to see if any have failed blah blah. But my ram is working fine.

I have tryed to go into detail of my problem, though if you need more information, i will try answer to the best of my ability. Any ideas what is happening?

Solution
I am going to suggest that the keyboard was damaged. Invalid key presses are intermittenly being sent to the OS and the pc chokes. Maybe typing/pressing one key also sends along the "press" for an adjacent key.

First obtain another keyboard to see if your pc returns to normal. Or try the current keyboard on another pc to determine if the problem follows the keyboard or stays with the pc.

Another option you may have is that if your pc is running to check the Event Viewer logs. Based on your description of what happened and the results there may be any number of warnings and error codes in the Event Viewer log.

Take a look in the logs and see what you can find. Any numbered errors codes will be helpful and you can right-click...

Ralston18

Titan
I am going to suggest that the keyboard was damaged. Invalid key presses are intermittenly being sent to the OS and the pc chokes. Maybe typing/pressing one key also sends along the "press" for an adjacent key.

First obtain another keyboard to see if your pc returns to normal. Or try the current keyboard on another pc to determine if the problem follows the keyboard or stays with the pc.

Another option you may have is that if your pc is running to check the Event Viewer logs. Based on your description of what happened and the results there may be any number of warnings and error codes in the Event Viewer log.

Take a look in the logs and see what you can find. Any numbered errors codes will be helpful and you can right-click individual log entries for more information.

Just remember that the logs can be somewhat slow to load. May indicate "no data found" but after a minute or so present all sorts of entries.

Solution