[N Version] How do I skip Windows Media Feature Pack just to have full functionality?

mariosx

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2010
Greetings
I did a clean install of Windows 10 and installed Windows N this time
N is an official special version of Windows released for European Countries which do not include:

• ■ Windows Media Player
    ■ Groove Music
    ■ Movies & TV
    ■ Codecs
    ■ Windows Media Player ActiveX control
    ■ Windows Media Player user experience
    more can be found here

In Microsoft website they also mention that Microsoft Apps/features might not work correctly such as calendar and MetroUI/Windows Store Apps, thing is I do not care about all that garbage.

In a desktop machine all I care about are desktop programs and doing my job with just the programs I have installed and configured.

However my problem is that Firefox requires Windows Media Feature Pack in order to function correctly and being able to play videos

More info about Windows Media Feature Pack & Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/t5/Fix-slowness-crashing-error/Fix-video-and-audio-playback-problems-on-Firefox-for-Windows/ta-p/37394
So is there any way to skip Windows Media Feature Pack and install something else?

mariosx

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2010

Yes, but I do not want to use other browsers, Firefox based browsers with their add-ons are the best for me.
Chromium browsers or Maxthon do not have problems

mariosx

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2010

That beats the purpose of Windows N.

Damn....
I googled for hours, no solution.

USAFRet

Titan

There was no 'purpose' to N versions apart from politics.
They stripped out the video stuff. They are giving you a way to manually put it back in.

I'm not going to go into the politics of why, but that's what it was.