Windows 10 Built PC: Black screen upon restart (But able to reach loading screen)

Sippyyyy

Prominent
Mar 10, 2017
Hi,

I've finished building my PC last week, installed all the basic stuff (browser, skype, pdf etc.). I used a USB adapter to connect to my wifi which worked for a few days before it had abruptly switched off and stopped internet connection. Prior to the wifi cut off, I had been downloading Steam games for 4 days straight (yeah my internet's pretty slow). I tried uninstalling and reinstalling it several times, meaning restarting it several times. On the last restart, the computer had shut down, but when it started up, it'd show windows loading for a second or two (before the login) before the screen will go black. I've manually restarted the computer several times and I'm able to get into the BIOS which still recognises everything as per normal. I've also tried moving my RAM to another slot which changed nothing except my BIOS recognising it in a different slot.

I temporarily solved this:
- Manually shut off the PC
- Take out graphics card
- Connect monitor to the motherboard
- Turn on PC (in which it works fine and boots up normally to the desktop)
- Turn off PC
- Place graphics card back in and re-connect the monitor to the graphics card
- Boot up the PC back to normal again

But when I try to restart it (not manually but through the PC), it would shut down, then power up with the same black screen problem.

Details
USB Adapter - D-Link N600
Motherboard - ASRock Z170 Pro4 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard
CPU - Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor
Graphics - Asus GeForce GTX 1060 3GB 3GB Dual Video Card
RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16GB (1 x 16GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
SSD - Samsung 750 Evo 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive

Sippyyyy

Prominent
Mar 10, 2017
Nvm issue resolved itself, but I might just use cable instead of the adapter because I think that's causing the problem. Will come back to this if problem arises again.