NT kernel & system causing hard reboots

Dieselblue9

Commendable
Oct 24, 2016
My computer has been doing this for months, I've tried reinstalling windows, replacing my power supply and RAM but to no avail.

System Specs:
GPU: GTX 1080 FTW OC'd
Power Limit: 120%
Temp. Limit: 89°C
Core clock: +70MHz
Mem Clock: +450MHz

CPU: i7-6700k OC'd
4600MHz
1.35V core voltage

RAM: 2x8GB Corsair Vengance 3000MHz

PSU: 650W EVGA supernova G2 Gold standard

Motherboard: ASUS Maximus VIII hero

Cpu cooler: NZXT X61 Kraken

SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

HDD: Sea gate Barracuda 7200RPM 2TB

My Computer is very stable even under maximum load under a stress test. Temperatures for my GPU hit 70°C Max under heavy load with a very aggressive fan curve. My CPU never goes above 60°C under maximum load. I have done multiple stress tests on 3D mark and have gotten 99.4%-99.3% passes. My benchmark scores are consistently above 18400 in firestrike even after the random reboots.

My computer has been rebooting with no BSOD and no warning randomly like if I turned my computer off with the power button (This can happen at any time, I could be playing a extremely intensive game or just watching a single youtube video), it then starts up automatically. My voltages are normal:

CPU VCORE: 1.376 V Max
+12V: 12.096 V
AVCC: 3.392 V
+3.3V: 3.344 V
+5V: 5.120 V
DRAM: 1.360 V
+5V: 5.040 V
+3.3V: 3.344 V
+12V: 12.288 V
VIN3: 1.152 V
VIN4: 2.336 V
VCORE: 2.752 V

When my computer turns back on it usually crashes 4-5 times (with bsod) with random errors and stop codes such as:

(2x) SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

klif.sys failed and FLTMGR.sys failed

(2x) KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT

DRIVER_CORRUPTED_EXPOOL

this lead me to believe something is wrong with my drivers so I used "Whocrashed" and it pin pointed to dump files saying that:

On Fri 10/03/2017 22:54:25 your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\031017-4546-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x149F90)
Bugcheck code: 0x101 (0x18, 0x0, 0xFFFF8781791C0180, 0x6)
Error: CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT
file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: This indicates that an expected clock interrupt on a secondary processor, in a multi-processor system, was not received within the allocated interval.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem. This problem might also be caused because of overheating (thermal issue).
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

And

On Fri 10/03/2017 22:54:25 your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\memory.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: hal.dll (hal!HalPerformEndOfInterrupt+0xC6)
Bugcheck code: 0x101 (0x18, 0x0, 0xFFFF8781791C0180, 0x6)
Error: CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT
file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\hal.dll
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: Hardware Abstraction Layer DLL
Bug check description: This indicates that an expected clock interrupt on a secondary processor, in a multi-processor system, was not received within the allocated interval.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem. This problem might also be caused because of overheating (thermal issue).
The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

As you can see the files in my system32 folder are causing issues, specifically the kernel ones as they cause reboots. I am unsure about what to do about these files as they appear to be random files from this specific folder. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Wulffz

Honorable
Jan 6, 2017

I've had similar problems with random reboots when I bought my PC, it kinda fixed itself. i'm not sure if it ended when replacing my ram kit or when recabling it. I'm no expert in the BSOD error codes but in my experience it doesn't help that much.

Dieselblue9

Commendable
Oct 24, 2016

Initially I thought it was a hardware issue and I wanted to rule that out as quickly as possible as I don't want my PSU damaging my expensive stuff. But it turned out that wasn't even the issue and is usually the most common culprit when things like this happen, same goes for the RAM. This has been going on since November last year, shortly after I built the computer so I doubt this is going to just go away as much as I would like it to.

Dieselblue9

Commendable
Oct 24, 2016

I forgot to add them, they are in the spoiler. As for hardware changes, no I haven't added anything that could have caused this issue, this has been happening shortly (3 weeks after installing windows) after I set up my computer, I changed my PSU and RAM but it still persists even after.

I highly doubt it could be a hardware issue and if it was I would be looking at my motherboard or my Harddrives but I don't have anything to suggest it is those.

Dieselblue9

Commendable
Oct 24, 2016

I did what you said and it booted up fine albeit slowly (as expected)