Dual monitor setup

Squallx19

Prominent
Mar 12, 2017
Hi all, i want to do a dual monitor setup, now i have Benq xl2420t in 144Hz and i want to buy a monitor with 75Hz. (the 75Hz monitor to put a web page or the teamspeak window, youtube videos, etc while im playing in the 144Hz monitor)

- Is a good idea or i can feel tired my eyes and get headache for the Hz difference?

- Can the Hz difference decrease my ingame FPS?

Sorry if this are newbie asks but is my first time and i dont have idea of the dual monitor setups.

Thanks all.

Solution
For general use it don't matter if it's 60 or 75hz. The quality is far more important. Consider for example the $110 21" Benq gw2270 (or gw2270h for hdmi) or the 24" gw2470 or 27" gw2760. Fine for some gaming but not hardcore. One person said the low blue light works well. Great screen quality despite low price, even rivals IPS in places & doesn't suffer from IPS glow as some IPS screens do.

It's flicker free so no headaches & it's an AMVA+, the latest in VA LCD. The experts are impressed with them given their price. An expert said it didn't have any light bleed which is amazing for the price.

The screens have a light anti-glare coating so white backgrounds don't appear too grainy or dirty as they can on many IPS screens. They have a...

Squallx19

Prominent
Mar 12, 2017

In the second monitor play youtube videos, PDF, chrome, ts3 window, etc.

cwli1_

Notable
Mar 9, 2017
For general use it don't matter if it's 60 or 75hz. The quality is far more important. Consider for example the $110 21" Benq gw2270 (or gw2270h for hdmi) or the 24" gw2470 or 27" gw2760. Fine for some gaming but not hardcore. One person said the low blue light works well. Great screen quality despite low price, even rivals IPS in places & doesn't suffer from IPS glow as some IPS screens do.

It's flicker free so no headaches & it's an AMVA+, the latest in VA LCD. The experts are impressed with them given their price. An expert said it didn't have any light bleed which is amazing for the price.

The screens have a light anti-glare coating so white backgrounds don't appear too grainy or dirty as they can on many IPS screens. They have a matte surface rather than a glossy one.

For dark movie scenes AMVA+ screens are the best, certainly superior to TN or IPS.

(Set the AMA (Advanced Motion Accelerator) function to high, not premium. This helps cut motion trails.)

To deal with a "dead" pixel rub the area gently & it will very probably correct itself immediately or within a few days. A crystal has been dislodged and needs correction. Playing a video/game over it may also correct it.

Solution

Squallx19

Prominent
Mar 12, 2017

Thanks a lot man, u explain me a lot of things i diodnt know before :)

Squallx19

Prominent
Mar 12, 2017
Yesterday I spoke with my cousin, and he told me that he is going to give me a 144hz monitor "Acer Predator GN246HL 24" LED 144Hz"

can my card (GTX 770 2GB) suport two monitors at 144hz or i would have to put one of them to 120hz or 75hz?

PD: i put this here for no double post

cwli1_

Notable
Mar 9, 2017
It should be fine. I read of one person who had a 144hz. He put it to 120hz just because the screen had strange lines in a game. Other users of the same screen said they were fine at 144hz.

Try the Acer Predator GN246HL on its own first using the second port on the card to see if the port works.