Can't install AMD drivers on RX 470 (another instance is running)

Crestfallen_12

Commendable
Jan 30, 2017
So on all games that I was playing there was a freeze of about 5 seconds sometimes, so I had the idea to downgrade the amd radeon driver. When I did that, my screen glitched, there was a blue screen and the computer restarted,

The computer restarted, and I could not open AMD radeon, it would say that it isn't installed properly or corrupt or something like that, so I uninstalled everything, and restarted the PC and tried to install the drivers again(both the old and current driver)

But when I click the installer I get this error

sIBhEPC.png

I opened the task manager, there isn't anything amd running.

Nothing like this ever happened with me, I have no idea what to do now other than reinstall windows 10.

Solution
Reboot, press F8 to get into windows 10s safe mode, I think you have to pick it from a list, I always pick safe mode with networking. Run Display Driver Uninstaller, free download, clean and restart. Then try reinstalling the drivers from scratch.
Reboot, press F8 to get into windows 10s safe mode, I think you have to pick it from a list, I always pick safe mode with networking. Run Display Driver Uninstaller, free download, clean and restart. Then try reinstalling the drivers from scratch.

Solution
Just FYI:

1) DDU is another option: http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

2) Sometimes corrupt software indicates an underlying issue like bad system MEMORY so keep an eye on things. If more errors happen, run Memtest86 (or do it now), scan drive with diagnostics etc.

Sometimes you can fix major Windows 10 issues with an "in-place upgrade" (start "setup.exe" from the W10 install media and choose to KEEP DATA AND APPLICATIONS when prompted.

3) get in the habit of backing up your system (i.e. Acronis True Image, with a WEEKLY backup with auto-delete of older versions.... I use Incremental, 2nd highest compression... bit of a learning curve)