Fps lagspikes 120 to 0

Joeforhelp

Prominent
Mar 13, 2017
3 years ago i bought a New graphics card: amd radeon 7 260x and i have been Playing Csgo and talking thru teamspeak with friends for 3 years Now and never got any fps problems. ( always around 120 fps).

Lately ( 3 weeks ) i have been Playing alot of minecraft with friends and we talked thru discord.
But since 3 days ago i have been having alot of random lag spikes in Minecraft from 120 fps to 0 ( the whole games freezes for 3 secs)
Its really annoying :(

I have some thoughts about the cause: i have 8g ram But only 2g usable. The temperature might be too high.

I hope someone has a solution to solve this issue.
-Joe

intel(r) core(tm) i5 CPU 750 @ 2.67ghz 2.67 ghz
amd radeon 7 260x
samsung ssd 120gb
samsung hdd 1tb
4gb ram ddr3 and 2 sticks 2gb ram ddr3
windows 10 64-bit operating system, x64-processor
ASUSTeK Computer INC. P7P55D LE
wpm V2 500w modular atx 2.3 power supply

Solution
Download ddu and select amd. Select clean and shut down. Then take the gpu out of the pci slot and check for dust, reseat the card firmly, make sure all the wires are secured, etc. Then boot, go to nvidia's website and download a fresh set of the latest drivers and install.

Mysticking32

Honorable
Sep 28, 2014
Download ddu and select amd. Select clean and shut down. Then take the gpu out of the pci slot and check for dust, reseat the card firmly, make sure all the wires are secured, etc. Then boot, go to nvidia's website and download a fresh set of the latest drivers and install.

Solution