Dual Monitor Setup Possible?

fatty_bakn

Prominent
Mar 13, 2017
I have Nvidia Geoforce GTX 960 and looking to get a dual monitor setup, however the card only supports one DVI cable I was wondering if there is a way to get a dual monitor setup to work with only one DVI input into the tower? or is there any alternatives that would work?

Solution
An alternative is to use the on-board graphics (intel). I run 4 monitors (originally all are connected to my GTX 970, via DP, HDMI, DVI-I and DVI-D). Removed one monitor (a monitor-TV with HDMI input) and plugged it on the iGPU (HDMI). Desktop is still extended as before, though, I don't run games on that monitor-TV (just movies).
An alternative is to use the on-board graphics (intel). I run 4 monitors (originally all are connected to my GTX 970, via DP, HDMI, DVI-I and DVI-D). Removed one monitor (a monitor-TV with HDMI input) and plugged it on the iGPU (HDMI). Desktop is still extended as before, though, I don't run games on that monitor-TV (just movies).

Solution

Yes, but that will only work if the motherboard BIOS supports using both GPUs at the same time. Yours does obviously, but not all motherboards support it.

Just thought I ought to throw that in for the benefit of the thread-starter.