usb port troubles and PC takes a long time to shutdown

hhh255

Prominent
Mar 13, 2017
Hello everyone,

i have recently installed a new CPU fan as the previous one was pretty loud , after doing so
i realized that the USB ports aren't working as keyboard, mouse , headset won't work , i know
that they're powered though because i can use them to charge my phone , i have also noticed
that i have to phiscally shutdown my computer otherwise it would stay on for quite a while , even though the screen turns black the fan is still spining , i tried a lot of methods but i'm stuck now and asking for your help !

Specs

I5 6500 3.5 ghz
mb : Asus B150I Aura Series
GC : GTX 1060
Ram : Crucial DDR4 8GB 2133MHZ

Solution
No error messages?

Start Task Manager and see what applications, processes, and services are running during the "shutdown".

Performance Monitor and Resource Monitor may also provide some additional insight about what may be happening.

Open up your case and check all cables, connections, and card seatings - something may have come undone when you replaced the CPU fan. Verify the connections you made.

Ralston18

Titan
No error messages?

Start Task Manager and see what applications, processes, and services are running during the "shutdown".

Performance Monitor and Resource Monitor may also provide some additional insight about what may be happening.

Open up your case and check all cables, connections, and card seatings - something may have come undone when you replaced the CPU fan. Verify the connections you made.

Solution