New build, can't get RealtekHD Audio drivers & my wireless NIC to work

cwburns32

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2014
Hello all,

I just got my new build all setup and ready to go. I have been hard wired in doing most of the updates, downloading, tweaking, etc. when I realized I hadn't installed my NIC.

I started going about the process of getting it installed and cannot seem to get it to work. I can get the driver installed but that's about it. The computer sees it in Device Manager but it has the dreaded triangle with !. I have tried a number of things, different ports, reboots, resets, etc but can't seem to get it to work. I am using the Win 10 driver for my NIC. I was once able to see it under Network adapters, now it shows up in "other devices" under Network Controller and PCI Simple Communications Controller with triangle and !.

I had the audio drivers installed but now it tells me no audio device is installed and when I go into Device Manager all I see is 2 HD Audio Controllers in system devices with the triangle with !. I tried uninstalling, reinstalling, etc. to no avail. (Insufficient system resources exist to complete the API.)

I did fuss with some services but none that I can see would break the audio or NIC card. See snapshot below (can't get snapshot to paste into here, I will try to attach). Any guidance here would be appreciated!

System - Win10 Home 64-bit
MSI z270 xPower Gaming Titanium
32GB of Corsair Dominator 3000Mhz DDR4
EVGA Geforce GTX 1080 FTW ACX 3.0
Intel i7-7700k
EVGA SuperNova G3
Samsung 960 Evo 250GB (OS)
Samsung 850 Pro 512GB
Western Digital Black 1.5TB HDD
Corsair H100i v2 AIO

cwburns32

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2014
Windows Update doesn't pull up any of the drivers.....the HD audio is definitely active in BIOS, the PCI slots are also active and running. Really...defective board is the only other answer?