After waking up from sleep, monitor can only do very low resolution.

Tinkeu

Prominent
Mar 8, 2017
SOLVED see edit 3 lower

Ok, so here are the events, my 2 monitors goes on sleep mode after 15 minutes, when they wake up, I'm on windows lock screen. Earlier today, I come back like usual, move the mouse and one of my monitor, a 1680*1050 native resolution, won't show nothing, although the power button led is light up like usual. After playing around, I find out that I can now run it only at 1280*960 and less. Last activities before sleep was just browsing the web on chrome. I also updated vcard driver with no result. Also note that when this monitor is at a resolution which it won't run like the native one, I can't even show the osd by pressing the button on the monitor. Also note that I have been able to set them at Duplicate desktop and both were running at 1360*768 and now I'm unable to do it again, this last point scares me a little as I see a problem evolving and getting worse.

edit: I just notice a little humming coming from the monitor, can't say if it was there before.When going at 1280*960, it takes 2 or 3 more seconds to switch then if I go at 800*600.

Edit #2: tested the monitor on another rig, works fine, although it was a vga cable. tested the monitor on my rig again but with vga cable and native rez works fine, I think the vcard dvi channel could be dying... I'll keep testing

edit #3: so it appears that after unplugging and pluging back the monitor in the exact same configuration it was before, everything is back to normal :/ Not sure if it's worth leaving that thread here, I'll let the mods be the judge of that. But you know, maybe someone has same problem and didn't think about unpluging said monitor :)
My setup:
Main monitor (problematic one): acer x223w plug on dvi @ 60Hz 1680*1050 (usually)
second monitor (this one is alright): LG flatron w1943ts plug on vga d-sub. @60Hz 1360x768
videocard: geforce GT 520 (whoohoo) with dvi, d-sub and hdmi.

Not sure what any other setup spec could help with my problem but I can give any needed info, I'm quite use to working with pc as it's my job and it's the 1st time I encounter this problem. Even more curious is the way it happened.

Tinkeu

Prominent
Mar 8, 2017
Edit #2: tested the monitor on another rig, works fine, although it was a vga cable. tested the monitor on my rig again but with vga cable and native rez works fine, I think the vcard dvi channel could be dying... I'll keep testing

edit #3: so it appears that after unplugging and pluging back the monitor in the exact same configuration it was before, everything is back to normal :/ Not sure if it's worth leaving that thread here, I'll let the mods be the judge of that. But you know, maybe someone has same problem and didn't think about unpluging said monitor :)