Windows 10 freezes on start up.

H0LYM0LYF00L

Honorable
Nov 27, 2013
So I was on my pc as usual and out of nowhere it completely froze, so I had to power it off. When I tried to start it up again it would show the windows 10 logo and the circle of loading dots would spin for a few seconds and then freeze, then the computer shuts down and attempts to restart and repeats this until it goes to a screen that says windows didn't start correctly. On that screen I was given advanced options and I tried everything in advanced options, which was start up repair, running diagnostics, using a restore point, resetting the pc, or starting it up in safe mode but none of them worked. I've booted my pc on a usb flash drive with memtest86 and my ram passed the test, I've reinstalled windows on my hard drive and on my ssd but the problem still happens when I restart my pc.
I have a windows 7 professional disc that I use to reinstall windows, and after windows 7 pro is installed I then download windows 10 from microsoft and upgrade it to windows 10 pro. When I restart the pc with windows 7 installed it briefly freezes on the start up screen and then loads up fine. But on windows 10 it freezes and just keeps restarting itself. This has been pretty frustrating as you could imagine haha. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
- Alex

Solution
tear it back to just basics...

MoBo
1 stick of RAM
Onboard video, if it has it
1drive, I'd go with the SSD
monitor, keyboard and mouse.

Wipe all the partitions from the drive from another computer using diskpart, place it back and try the install again... Get it stable before adding back 1 thing at a time, start w/ RAM, then the second Hdd, then the GPU last...

Or, you can load Linux onto it. If it does not fail, you know something does not like windows...
tear it back to just basics...

MoBo
1 stick of RAM
Onboard video, if it has it
1drive, I'd go with the SSD
monitor, keyboard and mouse.

Wipe all the partitions from the drive from another computer using diskpart, place it back and try the install again... Get it stable before adding back 1 thing at a time, start w/ RAM, then the second Hdd, then the GPU last...

Or, you can load Linux onto it. If it does not fail, you know something does not like windows...

Solution