Asus strix GTX 1080 Ti vs Founders edition

Hi. Im building a new PC in the coming month or so and was wandering is it really worth the extra £110 for the asus strix 1080 ti or should i just stick to the founders edition. Will the performance on the asus card be that much better? I know the strix 1080ti has only just been announced but im guessing we will have a rough idea based of of the last gen GPU's as to what the performance increase will be. All help is much appreciated.
Reply to jonathanwhiting8223
8 answers Last reply
More about asus strix gtx 1080 founders edition
  1. Strix 1080TI will have better cooling/fans,and will be clocked higher. With the better cooling, it'll allow you to OC better than a founder's edition.
    Reply to cl-justin
  2. Wait for aftermarket cards to release, they will have much better cooling, clock speeds and performance.
    Reply to Chugalug_
  3. Are you going to watercool for the card or do you have a case with very poor airflow? If yes then get a reference model. The Ref model with have the largest selection of blocks available and dumps all of it's heat out of the case.

If you're not watercooling and you case has good airflow wait for the aftermarket coolers. The reference cooler is utter crap, I've had to put a 1:1 fan profile on it to stop it from thermal throttle and it sounds like a mini jet engine.
    Reply to trawetSluaP
  4. Thanks everyone for you answers, im still waiting to see so benchmarks when the asus strix 1080ti comes out but I think i might go with the FE as its £100 cheaper and i don't know if its really worth spending £100 more for the performance increase.
    Reply to jonathanwhiting8223
  5. jonathanwhiting8223 said:
    Thanks everyone for you answers, im still waiting to see so benchmarks when the asus strix 1080ti comes out but I think i might go with the FE as its £100 cheaper and i don't know if its really worth spending £100 more for the performance increase.

Fair play but be warned the Ref cooler is poor. The card will throttle due to getting hot unless you set an aggressive fan profile which will be loud.
    Reply to trawetSluaP
  6. Don't get the FE cards, go for a solid aftermarket model like the SC or something that isn't too pricy, but still good quality.
    Reply to Chugalug_
  7. Chugalug_ said:
    Wait for aftermarket cards to release, they will have much better cooling, clock speeds and performance.

How long do you think, we will have to wait for that?
    Reply to Artonn
  8. Another 2 weeks.
    Reply to Chugalug_
Ask a new question Answer

Read More

Asus Performance New Build Gtx GPUs