Dual Monitor Resolution Issue

sniper_feast

Prominent
Mar 14, 2017
I'm having a strange issue with my dual monitor setup since I've upgraded one of the monitors. When I turn off my main monitor (LG 27UD58-B 27-Inch 4K 3840x2160; Display setting zoom set to 150%), and turn it back on, it will cause my other monitor (Acer G215HVAbd 21.5" 1920x1080; Display setting zoom set to 100%) to flicker, almost as if the GPU was failing to recognize it for a second, and screw up my desktops. Pictures provided of the before and after.

Before

After

When I'm playing Final Fantasy XIV (Login screen displayed), it causes this to happen, whereas if I'm playing Final Fantasy XI, it will cause the game to crash

Rarely my secondary monitor (the Acer) will give me a floating box saying "Input not recognized", which turning it off and on again fixes it

The LG is connected through HDMI and a Display port (for some reason both need to be in to work, causes a "third" monitor to show up on Display Settings which was disabled) and the Acer is connected through DVI. Any assistance would be appreciated

Solution
Uh, I believe your problem is the 2 cables going into the LG monitor.
When it switches to a game, it loses signal temporarily, but it sees the HDMI still working, so it tries that, but it's disabled, so it causes the crash.

There is no reason the LG monitor should need both HDMI and Displayport connected to it.
Uh, I believe your problem is the 2 cables going into the LG monitor.
When it switches to a game, it loses signal temporarily, but it sees the HDMI still working, so it tries that, but it's disabled, so it causes the crash.

There is no reason the LG monitor should need both HDMI and Displayport connected to it.

Solution

sniper_feast

Prominent
Mar 14, 2017

I know for sure Display Port alone doesn't work properly, however the monitor seems to be working properly with HDMI while Display Port is unplugged. Made me realize I probably thought HDMI wasn't working because I wasn't changing the inputs... opps

Thank you for the help