Mutiple bsod errors on new Ryzen build.

Dregoran

Commendable
Aug 18, 2016
Recently put together my Ryzen 1700x build and from day 1 I'm having random BSOD issues. Nothing in particular seems to cause it, happens whether I'm gaming or just browsing. It's most commonly memory management, but I've also had irql not less or equal, Faulty Hardware corrupted page and Critical Structure Corruption.

Everything I've researched points to drivers or ram issues. So I tested each stick individually and they both still crash and I also ran memtestx86 with no errors. I updated all drivers and even tried disabling the on board audio as I guess that can be one of the main culprits and I use a hyperx cloud 2 with it's own soundcard so I didn't need the onboard anyway. I'm basically making no progress with my little knowledge on troubleshooting so I'm here with my dump files hoping someone more knowledgeable may have an answer.

Here is a link to the onedrive containing my dump files. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

https://1drv.ms/f/s!ApOT9jMfaCBAgmcpaQ7gfOmQuq27

Solution
ci.dll is Code Integrity dll. It improves operating system security by validating the integrity of a driver or system file each time it is loaded into memory. Ci.dll detects if unsigned drivers or system files are being loaded into the kernel, or if a system file has been modified by malicious software run by a user account with administrative permissions. X64-based operating systems kernel-mode drivers must be digitally signed.

it would seem a driver isn't signed though identifying which one is causing it (for me) would be difficult as I suspect it requires reading the sumps Paul did.

you could try SFC /scannow to see if its a Windows 10 problem
right click start button
choose command prompt (admin)
type SFC /scannow and press...

Colif

Win 11 Master
can you show specs of the PC?

Bug Check 0x12B: FAULTY_HARDWARE_CORRUPTED_PAGE
The FAULTY_HARDWARE_CORRUPTED_PAGE bug check has a value of 0x00000128. This bug check indicates that a single-bit error was found in this page. This is a hardware memory error.

the one response I found for this suggests it could be a CPU or HD instead of ram - try these suggestions: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/faulty-hardware-corrupted-page-is-there-a-way-to/67f1309e-d7a1-47ad-a0b6-acaa879a3516

IRQ errors can be drivers or memory related hardware so Ram or HDD or even CPU

Bug Check 0x109: CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION
The CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION bug check has a value of 0x00000109. This indicates that the kernel has detected critical kernel code or data corruption. - this can (like IRQ errors) be drivers or hardware

I can't read dumps but this can, Can you download and run who crashed - it will give us a glimpse of the errors you getting and might help us solve them

Copy/paste summary in here and I see what I can do :)

Dregoran

Commendable
Aug 18, 2016

Computer specs are
Ryzen 1700x
MSI x370 Pro Carbon
Pny Anarchy DDR4 2400 2x8gb
750 gig crucial MX300 SSD
Sapphire Nitro r9 390

On Tue 3/14/2017 6:14:07 PM your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\031417-4500-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x14E7C0)
Bugcheck code: 0x1A (0x41201, 0xFFFF9980A0843F40, 0x9DA0000348084847, 0xFFFFA08716111CF0)
Error: MEMORY_MANAGEMENT
file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: This indicates that a severe memory management error occurred.
This might be a case of memory corruption. More often memory corruption happens because of software errors in buggy drivers, not because of faulty RAM modules. This problem might also be caused because of overheating (thermal issue).
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Tue 3/14/2017 6:14:07 PM your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\memory.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntkrnlmp.exe (nt!KeBugCheckEx+0x0)
Bugcheck code: 0x1A (0x41201, 0xFFFF9980A0843F40, 0x9DA0000348084847, 0xFFFFA08716111CF0)
Bug check description: This indicates that a severe memory management error occurred.
This might be a case of memory corruption. More often memory corruption happens because of software errors in buggy drivers, not because of faulty RAM modules. This problem might also be caused because of overheating (thermal issue).
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Tue 3/14/2017 4:15:15 PM your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\031417-6484-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0x12B (0xFFFFFFFFC00002C4, 0x9E2, 0x7A67DF0, 0xFFFF83018A49C000)
Error: FAULTY_HARDWARE_CORRUPTED_PAGE
Bug check description: This bug check indicates that a single-bit error was found in this page. This is a hardware memory error.
This is likely to be caused by a hardware problem problem. This error suggests a case of memory corruption because of a hardware problem. It is suggested you do a test on your RAM modules (memory test).

On Tue 3/14/2017 3:34:17 PM your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\031417-4593-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0x1A (0x41792, 0xFFFF80005928E878, 0x8000000000000, 0x0)

On Tue 3/14/2017 3:16:16 PM your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\031417-4562-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0x1A (0x41793, 0xFFFFDD80C381B9A0, 0x8A, 0x89)

Colif

Win 11 Master
I hate it when who crashed just points at windows. I was hoping it would help more but it didn't really. I would follow the steps under FAULTY_HARDWARE_CORRUPTED_PAGE I listed above, it might be the CPU or HDD at this point... since you tested ram already

Someone else may read the dumps and be more specific.

Dregoran

Commendable
Aug 18, 2016

I'm honestly not sure what it's from. And I downloaded from the site, don't have a disk drive attached. Would I be better off using the disk?

Dregoran

Commendable
Aug 18, 2016

Oh sorry, I installed windows from a thumb driver. With windows media creation tool.

Dregoran

Commendable
Aug 18, 2016

I used the mediacreation tool. I've used it in the past with no issues and reformatted my girlfriends system with the same USB. Think it's worth doing a fresh install again?

I]http://rufus.akeo.ie/]I would use rufus to put it on a flash drive[/url]

Run it. With the flash drive plugged in. If the BIOS is UEFI select GPT Partition in Rufus. Add the ISO then start. It'll format the flash drive before it extracts the ISO to it

Wait for it to finish reboot change the bootdisk to the flash drive in the BIOS. Boot from it

Enable AHCI, secureboot and UEFI in the BIOS first. Before you install windows. If it's 64 bit

If it still crashes I would return that ssd and get something else

Dregoran

Commendable
Aug 18, 2016

I just came across a guys post that he was having similar bsod error messages on new Ryzen MSI mobo as well and he did a fresh install and only updated drivers through the device manager and hasn't had issues since. I've always been told not to do it that way, and sorry if it seems obvious, but should I try this too?

Colif

Win 11 Master

NO, I would go to this page and download and run MSI Live update 6 as its made by MSI to update drivers for board so ifs the easiest way to ensure you have all the drivers. I wouldn't use it update BIOS though.

Dregoran

Commendable
Aug 18, 2016

Thank you for pointing me towards this. Going to do a fresh install tomorrow and this might solve my issues. Turns out I had a few outdated drivers, but there are some issues occurring trying to install them. I figure it might be from all the random troubleshooting I've been doing. Since I don't have much to lose just gonna wipe everything and start fresh in the morning.

Also I ran prime95 and the results came back that everything passed so I'm assuming this means my CPU is ok? I also ran a disk check and came back fine so assuming my SSD is ok as well.

Colif

Win 11 Master
you could try utility before update, it might correct all the old drivers you have without the need to reinstall win 10. '

Try a reset instead of fresh install if you want, might save time. Go to settings/update & security/recovery/reset PC now - choose full or keep files/settings (files are library folders, settings are logins). No drivers kept in either case

Dregoran

Commendable
Aug 18, 2016
Well I tried a fresh install with proper drivers, tested ram in different slots too make sure it wasn't the Mobo slots. I've run prime 95 with no errors, disk check and memtest for 4 passes with no errors. Would it be safe to assume it's the Mobo at this point? I'm considering just returning the Mobo and waiting for another x370 to come in stock.

Colif

Win 11 Master
ci.dll is Code Integrity dll. It improves operating system security by validating the integrity of a driver or system file each time it is loaded into memory. Ci.dll detects if unsigned drivers or system files are being loaded into the kernel, or if a system file has been modified by malicious software run by a user account with administrative permissions. X64-based operating systems kernel-mode drivers must be digitally signed.

it would seem a driver isn't signed though identifying which one is causing it (for me) would be difficult as I suspect it requires reading the sumps Paul did.

you could try SFC /scannow to see if its a Windows 10 problem
right click start button
choose command prompt (admin)
type SFC /scannow and press enter

this scans system files and may fix this behaviour

Solution