Anyone have audio skipping w/ Windows 10? Any consistent solutions?

inflammateomnia

Prominent
Mar 15, 2017
Long story short- built a fine gaming PC in July. Was working perfectly until something happened with the BIOS/boot and it wasn't working. Got it fixed- twice. Now, it boots up fine, but I keep having audio skipping. I already updated ALL of my drivers (both sound and motherboard, etc) and updated my Realtek. I did so many troubleshooting solutions. It finally worked after I hit "browse my PC for hardware" and saw that it was selected on "High definition audio" instead of Realtek.. clicked on Realtek (so that the realtek is the thing that was in gray) and then it worked perfectly.

Last night, I booted up my PC and the audio started skipping again, despite the updated drivers and the last solution I did. Anyone know of other solutions? I have spent SO much time on forums and tried so many solutions. Help!

I am not near my PC now but I can be later and will provide any info that would be helpful.

inflammateomnia

Prominent
Mar 15, 2017

The audio skips on EVERYTHING. Games, YouTube, even sound effects.

It skips every 3 seconds or so, making gaming w/ audio unbearable. I updated every single driver in my PC including Realtek.

What do you mean by skips? The definition of skipping audio is that certain bits of data are missing and you skip over them to data that is further in the data stream. How can computer audio skip?

I think that you need to describe what you are experiencing because it sounds physically impossible for computer audio to skip.

inflammateomnia

Prominent
Mar 15, 2017

By audio "skipping", I mean that when I am listening to game music, videos on YouTube, Spotify, or anything, it sounds like it is, well.. skipping. I'm not sure why this is a contested point, considering there are other topics in these forums that use the same exact terminology. I'm no PC expert, so I don't know how else to word it.

It is a skipping sound, almost like a stuttering. If I am listening to a single, long note held out, it has like hiccups to it, in that every 2-3 seconds the sound breaks and then comes back, kind of like a stone skipping on water.

I followed this thread to a T and it still didn't fix my issue:

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/id-2753323/windows-audio-stuttering-issues.html