Samsung S24D300H Blinking Power LED/No Picture

g_lytton

Commendable
Jul 20, 2016
Have owned 2 of these monitors (S24D300H ) for a little over 6 months without any issues. This morning when I powered on my sytem, one of them monitors seem to be stuck in standby mode. The blue power on LED just blinks as if the monitor was in standby mode and has no picture or the self-test dialog box.

All cables are connected correctly and settings are correct as I've used it for 6 months. Is there a way to fix this or is the monitor gone bad after 6 months of usage? Is this a common issue with Samsung monitors? Should I look for a different brand of monitor to purchase? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Link to a video if the issue: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9w1SbX74JM8

Note: This also happened to another Samsung monitor I own (S24A300B), but I know its out of warranty as I purchased it a few years ago and its sitting in my closet.

Solution
Not too up on monitors currently available, and what's good. I bought an Asus a year/year and a half ago and am very happy with it: ASUS VN247

g_lytton

Commendable
Jul 20, 2016
I read that somewhere else but have yet to find a link for the firmware update. Searching the support section of the Samsung website didn't provide any links to a download. But also, since both my current monitors are the same model number, if the firmware needed to be updated, should both monitors be effected by the issue?

g_lytton

Commendable
Jul 20, 2016
Okay and TY :) . If it turns out to be the monitor itself, since I had this happen with an older Samsung monitor (same size, just different signal type), is there another comparable monitor by a different brand around the sime size (24inch)... the same price (150.00 USD) that you would recommend?