Help Needed Selling PC

Odonix

Honorable
Oct 1, 2016
Hello, Last summer I built my first gaming PC, so since It was my first, its not that great. I have been wanting to sell it for months. The problem is, is that I cant use Ebay and nobody has contacted me on craigslist. I bought it for about $950 USD.

CPU: AMD FX-8350
Motherboard: ASRock 970M PRO3
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 32GB (4 x 8GB)
Storage: Hitachi Deskstar 7K2000 2TB
Graphics Card : MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB
Case: NZXT Noctis 450
Power Supply: Thermaltake SMART 650W 80+ Bronze

Solution
The porblem is that you have a mix of high end and medium/low end parts.
Yes you have a 980 ti but you also have an 8350 (and only a 970 chpset board to boot), which first of all is a poor match and more importantly no one (except a fool) is going to pay top dollar for it.
Not to mention craigslist is full of low ballers, surpirised no one has not called and offered you 300 cash for it yet (or a scam artist offering you 1900 for it, you just need to wire 800 to the "shipping service").

Thus as stated you will better off selling the 980 ti on its own and probably the ram on its own, and then you can put just enough back into it to make it a working computer again and sell it like that for $300.

Odonix

Honorable
Oct 1, 2016

I lowered the price a lot, but still nothing. Its not even really used. I have only used it like 5 times. It just sits there.

ImPrettyIrish

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2013
If you sold it part for part, you would get more money. Also, try to expand on your horizons, for example, post on a nearby craigslist too and see if you get any there.

LilDog1291

Honorable
Jan 9, 2013
The used computer market is slim. There is always an apprehension when buying a used part of (why is this guy selling it? Is it broken? Does it work well? If he doesn't like it why would I?). You see what I mean? You will have to overcome all of these apprehensions in order to make a sale, and that won't be easy.

The porblem is that you have a mix of high end and medium/low end parts.
Yes you have a 980 ti but you also have an 8350 (and only a 970 chpset board to boot), which first of all is a poor match and more importantly no one (except a fool) is going to pay top dollar for it.
Not to mention craigslist is full of low ballers, surpirised no one has not called and offered you 300 cash for it yet (or a scam artist offering you 1900 for it, you just need to wire 800 to the "shipping service").

Thus as stated you will better off selling the 980 ti on its own and probably the ram on its own, and then you can put just enough back into it to make it a working computer again and sell it like that for $300.

Solution

Odonix

Honorable
Oct 1, 2016

I have tried selling part by part before and that hasnt worked either. The main problem is that it doesnt let me sell on Ebay because I have never sold on Ebay before, so there are tons of restrictions.

D

Deleted member 217926

If you're trying to sell here you need to read and comply with the rules. Bumping is only allowed in actual buying/selling threads.

Odonix

Honorable
Oct 1, 2016

I was bumping because nobody has responded

D

Deleted member 217926

So what are you looking for? Go to ebay and log in. Check the prices for your individual components. But check them by what's sold not what they are listed for. That will give you the price to ask. Then list them on ebay, craigslist or a Classified forum like here.

The 980 Ti will get you $300-$350. Everything else is worth about $250 tops. As a complete system list it for $500-$550 and you might get lucky. You will probably get more parting it out. Not much more though.

Odonix

Honorable
Oct 1, 2016

Yeah but where would I sell the parts?!

D

Deleted member 217926

Odonix

Honorable
Oct 1, 2016

? you didnt say anything

D

Deleted member 217926

Ok I'll retype it again since you missed it in the first post and missed it again when I reposted in bold text.

Then list them on ebay, craigslist or a Classified forum like here.

Odonix

Honorable
Oct 1, 2016

Since you missed it the first time I said it, I cant post them on Ebay, Ive already tried on craigslist, and my posts got removed on here.

D

Deleted member 217926

Anyone can use ebay and if you read and comply with the rules on here your posts will not get removed.

Odonix

Honorable
Oct 1, 2016

If you have never sold before on your ebay account it does not allow you to post. I have read all the rules on posting and I didnt do anything wrong in them.

D

Deleted member 217926

I have read all the rules on posting and I didnt do anything wrong in them.

You didn't follow them either. No attempt at all of posting the timestamped pictures. No mention of where you are or where you are willing to ship to, what payment you prefer.... Try again.

I have no idea what you mean about ebay. Every one of the millions of people that use ebay had a first post. As far as I know their are no limitations.

TRENDING THREADS