WINDOWS-KEY STUCK when playing games! (?)

Olegil

Commendable
Feb 13, 2017
Hello!

I have this annoying issue when I play say Rainbow 6 Siege or GTA V:
While playing, hitting eg. S, T or G on my keyboard, takes me out of the game and to the desktop, while certain functions pop up, like start menu or text-to-speech etc.

Every solution that I have searched for on the web, hasnt worked for me. (windows key stuck, sticky keys....)

When I restart my PC, the issue is gone until I start a game.....

Specsheet:

WIN10 Home
i7 3770 nonK
GTX 1080
24GB RAM
1TB HDD & SSD 500 GB

Using a Logitech g213 Prodigy

Thanks in advance :)

*Recently restarted my PC to default.

Solution
Hi, that doesn't look good... I can feel your pain. Here is several ideas that you haven't mentioned trying yet:

Did you recently replace a wireless keyboard? If so, the old one could still be turned on and have power left and having something setting on the keys.

Have you done a full virus scan recently? Try a full scan in Safe Mode.

If Bluetooth is turn on, temporarily turn it off to see if that helps.

Make sure you are not in Tablet Mode. You can do this in the Action Center, in the system tray, to the right of the clock.

Open Event Viewer and search for any errors with a Red X that happen around the time you have the menu popping up. See if they give you a hint about what the problem might be.

Right click on the Taskbar and...

Olegil

Commendable
Feb 13, 2017

Hello!

Ive tried the following:

-Unplugging and pluggin my keyboard.
-Reinstalled Logitech Gamin Software
-Reinstalled drivers
-Turned off sticky keys
-Turned off and on delay in keyboard registring
-Hold windows key down a sec or 2
-Tried to run games not in fullscreen

The last suggestion doesnt work, since the buttons are already unselected in the software

Its really bugging me.

Are u saying that this is the keyboards fault? Not windows?

gardenman

Splendid
Hi, I don't know if it's the keyboard or Windows.

So what about game mode though? Game mode suppose to disable the Windows key while you are in a game, which prevents you from hitting it and popping up the Start Menu and interrupting your game. Which is why I asked if you had tried it yet. Here is more info about how to use it: http://support.logitech.com/en_za/article/Game-Mode-and-backlighting-control-on-the-G213-gaming-keyboard

I'm guessing that you hit the key that looks like a Joystick to turn game mode on and the key lights up. Then play your game. Hit it again to turn game mode off when you exit your game.

Olegil

Commendable
Feb 13, 2017

Hi again!

So I tried as you said and checked out Game Mode. I deselected the windows-, alt and shift keys just to make sure, and did some tests. Still doing the same thing. I even connected my old Microsoft-keyboard to see if the problem occured then, and it did!

Now this joystick-button, I always have that on. Gonna run some tests where I have it turned off!

Now a friend of mine suggested playing Rainbow Six Siege in Borderless. I run a dual-monitor setup, so I can have eg. rainbow on one screen and FB on the other. Now this has turned out to be like a turnaround / temp. fix. No sudden screen hops / going out of the game / doing shortcuts etc.

Take a look at my uploaded video, there you can clearly see the issue im having!

YT-link:https://youtu.be/rjR5U1SIk1Y

Cheers!

gardenman

Splendid
Hi, that doesn't look good... I can feel your pain. Here is several ideas that you haven't mentioned trying yet:

Did you recently replace a wireless keyboard? If so, the old one could still be turned on and have power left and having something setting on the keys.

Have you done a full virus scan recently? Try a full scan in Safe Mode.

If Bluetooth is turn on, temporarily turn it off to see if that helps.

Make sure you are not in Tablet Mode. You can do this in the Action Center, in the system tray, to the right of the clock.

Open Event Viewer and search for any errors with a Red X that happen around the time you have the menu popping up. See if they give you a hint about what the problem might be.

Right click on the Taskbar and set the Search to Hidden.

Several more possible solutions:
http://www.thewindowsclub.com/start-menu-keeps-popping-up

Take your time and really try all of these out, even if they seem stupid or unrelated to the problem you're having.

More possible solutions:
https://www.tenforums.com/general-support/11832-help-stop-windows-10-search-box-constantly-popping-up.html

Solution