Computer completely screwed up

Personpersonmanman

Prominent
Mar 16, 2017
My computer has ran into a number of problems lately and I have tried multiple things, I am using Windows 10

First of all, after I've been using the computer for a while, the sound stops working, I click the volume icon, the volume bar comes up but I cannot turn down or turn up the volume, then the icon stops working

Then the start menu stops working and won't open, it sometimes works again then stops again

Google Chrome also just crashes sometimes after a while and then it gets stuck in troubleshoot, then I just close the window or stop it through task manager, then it won't open again, sometimes it does open, but then it just does the same thing again if I type a search or click anything

I have removed several things through programs like random malware and ads

I have done a scan with my antivirus and found nothing

I constantly need to restart to get sound working again

and sometimes its just stuck on the restarting screen, or it won't fully shutdown

I do have a broken fan, but I just cool it using a normal fan I sit next to the pc

If the fan isn't the issue then what else may be the cause?

Solution
It could be your;

hard drive
SSD
power supply
CPU
malware
virus
drivers

I would blame the fan first though and fix that beofre I turned on the computer again. I personally would never even turn on a computer with a broken fan.