VPN Connection Not Connecting

hypogogic

Honorable
Jan 9, 2013
So I don't know if any of you will be able to help me seen as I'm using virtual machines. I am trying to get a Windows 10 Client to connect to a VPN server on Windows 2012r2

My server has 2 network adapters, one is network facing and the other is for the internal network. My client is on the "internet facing" network but it can't connect to the VPN no matter what I do. I have it configured to automatic and DHCP Relay knows the server addresses for both network interfaces.

I can't get it to connect at all and I feel like kicking the shit out of my computer and using napalm to eradicate it from the face of the earth. Lol just kidding but it is frustrating.

I'm not sure I understand whats going on as this should be simple. I followed this tutorial word for word. I'm just not sure about how to configure the network adapters and the DHCP Relay

I did this word for word and still nothing. I need to do this to complete a Graded unit at HND level. I have an exam in a month to prepare for and I can't really afford for this to be holding me back

Many thanks in advance if any of you can help. Cheers

Solution
Your internet facing network probably has a DHCP server, most likely a router with DHCP and NAT support to allow your devices to access the internet.
The server interface on this network should have an IP address in the same IP subnet, but excluded from the DHCP assigned addresses.
I'm not sure why you want a DHCP relay.

The client should be able to ping the internet facing IP address of the server but it should not be able to resolve an IP address for the other server NIC, or reach that NIC via the network. Ping will be blocked in the server firewall but you can open this up, along with other firewall rules to allow any other services you want to use on the server, e.g. file and printer sharing, remote desktop, etc.
Your internet facing network probably has a DHCP server, most likely a router with DHCP and NAT support to allow your devices to access the internet.
The server interface on this network should have an IP address in the same IP subnet, but excluded from the DHCP assigned addresses.
I'm not sure why you want a DHCP relay.

The client should be able to ping the internet facing IP address of the server but it should not be able to resolve an IP address for the other server NIC, or reach that NIC via the network. Ping will be blocked in the server firewall but you can open this up, along with other firewall rules to allow any other services you want to use on the server, e.g. file and printer sharing, remote desktop, etc.

Solution