Won't restart after driver update

spodeworld

Reputable
Dec 31, 2016
Hi,

I ran a system utility (iObit Advanced System Care) on my 3 week old Windows 10 PC that was running fine. It told me that various drivers were out of date. I ran that utility to update the drivers. After they updated I restarted my PC and was unable to boot. The message says "inaccessible boot drive", which is on my SSD. I used the Windows Media Tool to attempt to repair it, including attempting to do a restore to a system restore point that I made prior to the update, but I am unable to do so successfully.

I don't have a usable image of my boot drive, which was the next thing I was about to create after the restart, which wouldn't restart.....

Do you have any ideas what I can do to restore it?

spodeworld

Reputable
Dec 31, 2016
I did email them (they're in Europe I believe).

I'm going to make a bootable Macrium USB on my laptop to try to fix it. When I make the boot drive, it looks like it will ask if I want to add drivers. Since I'm using a different computer to create it, I assume I should answer No. Is that correct?

Thanks

spodeworld

Reputable
Dec 31, 2016
Thanks...created the boot disk, ran it but no luck in fixing the problem.

I wonder what could have happened that it won't even let me complete a system restore.

spodeworld

Reputable
Dec 31, 2016
More like painful lesson.....

I know that the timing suggests that it is because of the driver update, but if it was would it not allow a system restore to a point before that to not execute successfully?