How to have analog headphones and speakers plugged in at the same time?

HighRoLa

Commendable
Nov 17, 2016
Is it possible for me to have my analog headphones (Razer Kraken Pro's) and my speakers (Creative T15, plugged in via 3.5mm audio jack) plugged in at the same time and so i could just open Audio Devices and click set as default on my headphones when i want to play lets say Rainbow Six Siege and then go to audio devices and click on my speakers when i want to watch lets say YouTube?

Right now if i have both plugged in, i have Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio) which is my headphones from Realtek Audio Manager and Speakers (Razer Surround Audio Controller) which also are my headphones, but just from Razer Synapse side of things. Speakers nowhere to be seen. If i now unplug my headphones, i have to restart my PC to be able to use my SPEAKERS again.

indsup

Reputable
Apr 26, 2015
If you plug the speakers in on the back of the computer then the headphones in on the front of the computer you should be able to simply select the one you want to use and not have to restart. If you try to use both from a y adapter then you do not have those choices. That port will be feeding both and will never actually change from one to the other. Windows and the motherboard will know which one has something plugged into it. One thing that you may need to do is make the changes on the motherboards chipset software instead of windows. Let it make the changes in Windows for you.

HighRoLa

Commendable
Nov 17, 2016

Things to clarify before i explain
-Razer Kraken Pro's have a adapter from 1 cable to 2 cables one for the mic and one for the headphones. These i plug in to the front of the PC.
-My Speakers are also analog, having an 3.5mm audio jack going to the back of the PC, the green port.

So if i plug both in, i will have "Headset (Razer Surround Audio Controller)" (i named it Headset myself in windows) and Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio) which i also named to "Speakers".
If i click on Headset, i will get the razer synapse audio, and hear through my headphones
If i click on Speakers, i will get realtek HD audio, and hear through my headphones.
If i now un plug my headset, and restart my PC, i will have Headset (Razer Surround Audio Controller) but there will come no sound, and Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio), if i enable this, i will hear through my speakers.
Then if i plug my headset in, i will have Speakers, audio coming from Headset through Realtek HD Audio and Headset, audio coming from headset through Razer Surround.