Windows 10 update and can't click on anything!

doimerko

Commendable
Jan 3, 2017
Okay, so I can't click anything on my desktop (not even the taskbar). I can only press the windows key on my keyboard then go to this PC and then my desired folder. I'm on windows 10. Btw having a lot of problems lately with updates. When it finishes updating it says: "We couldn't complete the updates, undoing changes". And that's it. Can't click on LITERALLY anything.

Solution
Do you have full admin rights on the desktop? Which folder is the "desired folder"?

One immediate suggestion:

Open Event Viewer and check your logs for errors.

See if your system is the source of the problem or if perhaps there is some downloading problem wherein the updates become corrupted.

Since you are unable to "click" anything that suggests some issue with the mouse, its' configuration, or its' drivers.

The goal is to find some error code or warning that will narrow down the problem source.

Ralston18

Titan
Do you have full admin rights on the desktop? Which folder is the "desired folder"?

One immediate suggestion:

Open Event Viewer and check your logs for errors.

See if your system is the source of the problem or if perhaps there is some downloading problem wherein the updates become corrupted.

Since you are unable to "click" anything that suggests some issue with the mouse, its' configuration, or its' drivers.

The goal is to find some error code or warning that will narrow down the problem source.

Solution