Windows 10 No Internet Connections - Settings Missing

GGhana

Prominent
Mar 19, 2017
I have been trying to fix this the past couple days but can't get anything to work. Im running windows 10 and connecting to the internet doesn't work. The Ethernet connection in the bottom right shows a red x. I have tried updating drivers which did not help the issue as well as reverting windows to an old save. Another point is the internet does work well running Linux. Network adapters: Control panel/network and internet/Network connections shows nothing and in settings under network and internet the only things that show up are "Data usage," "VPN," "Dial-Up," and "proxy." I'd really appreciate some help.

Solution
in the bottom right where you are seeing the x right click open network and sharing center, left side of the page click change adapter settings, you will see your network adapter make sure it is not disabled if it is enable it, if it is enable right click it click properties make sure all expect multiplexor protocol are installed and then click ipv4 click properties make sure you are receiving your setting from dhcp and same with ipv6

KiL3MaNjAr0W

Reputable
Sep 27, 2016
in the bottom right where you are seeing the x right click open network and sharing center, left side of the page click change adapter settings, you will see your network adapter make sure it is not disabled if it is enable it, if it is enable right click it click properties make sure all expect multiplexor protocol are installed and then click ipv4 click properties make sure you are receiving your setting from dhcp and same with ipv6

Solution