The Best All-in-One Printers

JRedmond

Reputable
Aug 28, 2014
I wanna add here that HP's instant ink program is just amazing. I print around 250 pages a month and the 10 dollar ink plan a month saves me a fortune. I was constantly spending 50 bucks on ink for my Officejet 6978 for ink and it only lasted around 1300 pages and that was around 54 dollars at my local staples and it was for the XL I was literally paying more then double for ink what i am now with the Instant ink, and for that, I will not be buying any printer that isn't an HP

clarksan

Prominent
Sep 24, 2017
Thank you JDREDMOND! I am a teacher and my school allows 500 prints a month and I always run out before the month is over. Printers I bought in the past always seemed to go through ink so quickly and buying ink really breaks the bank. I am going to look into HP printers and the $10 a month ink plan! Thank you for your input as it too will save me a fortune and keep me from breaking the bank!!!

mcswagger911

Prominent
Nov 18, 2017
These Canon printers keep making it on these lists because they've only been tested for a brief period of time. But if you do a quick internet search of "U052 Wrong Printhead Error ", you'll see that many of Canon's printers have an existing problem. There was even a Class Action Lawsuit regarding the matter...and Canon hasn't even fixed the problem.
My advice: Stay far away from Canon printers. They may perform well initially, but they will soon give you that U052 Error....with absolutely ZERO fix. I was about to buy a Canon printer based on several of these "Best Of" articles...but fortunately I researched beyond these articles...so there's no way I'll buy a Canon printer...and if you're NOT a glutton for punishment, you won't buy a Canon printer either.

knturnr

Prominent
Jan 13, 2018
Amen Mcswagger, I would also like to add that on the two Canon Pixma printers that I have had...most of the time you print black it uses all the colors mixed in anyway, there is no way around this. I was dumbfounded at this discovery which was confirmed by speaking with Canon tech support.

Curt Smith

Reputable
Apr 10, 2015
We took 5+ yrs to choose a replacement to our trusty 15yr old MFC inkjet HP. We chose the Brother 2740 black laser. Cheap cartridges $16, great spead, clarity, ease of setup and reliable. No jams, large enough paper tray, fast and good enough document feed for scan to file. Love scan to file!!! Fax np.

We had an Epson mobile printer with perm head. Lots of head cleaning, then aftermarket ink poof dead head. Tossed that printer!!! WOW lucky since that ruled out all Epsons and perm inkjet heads.. Go laser is my take away be done with inkjets!!! Single color laser is perfect for home office MFC.

lsatenstein

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2012
My favourite printer is the Brother Laser. It is durable, was not expensive, and toner cartridges costs were a major factor in my purchase decision. Cartridges are for 2500 pages, they are available at discount cost from Cosco.

I print duplex (recto-verso). Its extremely rare to ever experience a paper jam and the unit has never had a miss-feed. I have used it with envelops, letter, A size and legal sized paper, as well as celluloids. I am getting around 20 pages per minute, depending on complexity of graphics on the page.

leslie.satenstein

Prominent
Oct 31, 2017
I would choose my brother laser printer (Wireless/USB) which retailed for under $100.00. It does rectoverso, 23 pages per minute, single sided printing or somewhat less speed for two sided printing.

Replacement toner cartridges for 2600pages/cartridge are around $15.00 or less.

Wireless too. My model is the hl2270dw Newer faster models for about $20 dollars more.

Mar 30, 2018
FYI Brothers printers have AUTOMATIC CLEANING and that it CANNOT BE TURNED OFF. confirmed with Brother This uses a lot of ink and happens EVEN WHEN THE PRINTER IS TURNED OFF. Brother cannot or will not tell you how often this will take place, according to someone who works on multiple company's printers, this may occur every 12 hours and the only way to disrupt this pattern would be to print a small amount of text, every 12 hours but it would still clean, at some point, in addition to this.

jdlech2

Prominent
Mar 27, 2018
When choosing any kind of printer, I have to discount all inkjets. I don't know why, but the print head plugged up on every inkjet printer I've ever bought. I never get more than a few uses out of it. I've even had an HP rep tell me to clean the head after every use. Head cleaning takes up 1/4 of the ink. So I'm supposed to get only 4 uses out of my ink cartridges? And print head plugging has happened to EVERY printer I ever bought. Not just a few - all of them. I know it's just me, but still. It's so bizarre.
So I go straight to laser printers these days. My latest is the Brother MFC 9330CDW, which is a really nice printer. Though I should have gotten the 9340 instead. I've actually ran into a couple of times where I could have used that double sided scanning feature.
But I print, scan, copy, and fax from my home all the time. So an all-in-one is good for me. The only thing I miss is being able to print out frame quality pictures. But it's the price we pay for not having people printing out fake $20s.

Funny that: they were so worried about laser printers being used to counterfeit money that they horribly nerfed them. Now inkjet printers can do a far better job of it.