windows 10 super slow boot with samsung 840 evo ssd

kayyan

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2015
Hi everyone,

Today i decided to clean up my case from dust. I unplugged all the cables and used a vacuum cleaner first to vacuum the dust. Then i used some wet wipes to remove the rest. I had the utmost care not to touch the sensitive parts. After i'd finished, i restarted my computer and some errors appeared on bios screen. then i decided to format my pc.

Just as i usually do, i tried to format my pc using an external flash drive. But when the screen appeared to configure my hard drives just like below:

http://1.1m.yt/qi84TR.png

it was very slow to format and delete the desired parts. İt took me too many times to fix it and then finally i managed to skip this screen and installed Windows. But it was way way slower than usual to complete the installation.

After hours of effort, i realized that there is a shocking boot time of 1 min 45 sec. İt used to be around 15-20 seconds before this cleaning shit happened. I scanned for errors with Samsung SSD magician but there was nothing unusual.

http://4.1m.yt/45yC19m.jpg

there were no bad sectors either.

Now fast boot and X.M.P is enabled and everything is up to date. i don't know if i should provide any extra information about the process. please let me know if you need anything more.

What should i do to fix the problem?

Thanks in advance.

Solution
Hi guys,

the problem was solved with an unexpected way. after trying everything, i desperately unplugged all the cables i could, to hopefully, discharge the static electric in my case. and it worked after replug !! i'd seen something like this in youtube and it seemed rubbish to me at first but now everything is ok and my baby works great as in the old days.

Colif

Win 11 Master
have you gone to web site for motherboard and made sure you have latest drivers? it could be chipset or sata drivers

if PC is a brand name, go to web site for make/model since you unlikely to know motherboard then

can you show us a screen shot of disk management as your formating might be reason its slow?

kayyan

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2015
hi again,

unfortunately it still doesn't work as i desire. i suspect that i damaged my ssd but i've made several tests for that and there seems to be nothing with the hard drive. i don't know what else i can do more to learn what exactly happened.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Not sure if its from the way you cleaned PC, I have seen people use vacuum cleaners and to do cases before - I normally use compressed air and a set of paint brushes to clean my case out (I am overdue to do that).

I assume the cables you unplugged include the power cable?

Windows 10 doesn't turn off when you shut it down, but that shouldn't do this... that only counts until you unplug PC, it can't sleep when unplugged. So it loses some data that is stored in ram every time you unplug it but as I have weeks where every night I unplug it, and its not done this to me yet.

did you run the benchmark as you may be best arranging a replacement with Samsung as you get 5 years I think on Evo drives.

Tjockisen_80

Prominent
Apr 28, 2017
Win 10 Corsair Force 3 60 gb which is the only hardware installed atm.
Taking med 2.5h so far to install and i did not preload any sata or drivers from Corsair which i suspect is the problem here.
I have the ssd in first port and i checked that cable support sata 3 but even with sata 2 speeds it would not run this slow.
I will update progress.
Rooooad raaaage!

kayyan

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2015
Hi guys,

the problem was solved with an unexpected way. after trying everything, i desperately unplugged all the cables i could, to hopefully, discharge the static electric in my case. and it worked after replug !! i'd seen something like this in youtube and it seemed rubbish to me at first but now everything is ok and my baby works great as in the old days.

Solution

Tjockisen_80

Prominent
Apr 28, 2017
Oh hm ye well i just built the comp, might try this. Well the install only took 5h and i got tired and turned it off to try drivers next time.
Did you unplug every cabel?

kayyan

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2015

i can say almost all the cables. but you can concentrate more on your hard drive's. i also unplugged my graphics card and power cable.