Windows 10 No Audio

LarsMacReady

Prominent
Mar 19, 2017
I have a Toshiba Satellite P50-B with the 64bit of Windows 10.

Recently I had a problem with my laptop where it was playing audio through both the built in speakers and the headphones when I had them plugged in. I read online that a common solution is to update your audio driver's. So I went to realtek downloaded the driver and now I have no sound through either. I have gone as far as backing up my personal data and factory resetting my laptop and still no sound. Please help.

LarsMacReady

Prominent
Mar 19, 2017

Yes but the speakers were working correctly until I tried to update the driver.

treacotton

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2009

When you reinstalled windows.. did you try to use the updated drivers again or did you let windows handle it the same way that you did the first time around?

Go into the windows device manager and look at your "sound, video, and game controllers" section. See which audio drivers are installed. Look for any yellow or red marks within the device manager.

Also go to your little speaker icon on the bottom right of windows 10 and right click it.. go to playback devices and see which one is selected. Make sure the volume is at 100% and make sure nothing is muted.. one should say default. If it is not the one that corresponds with your speakers.. select the speakers and click SET AS DEFAULT.

Hopefully one of these troubleshooting methods will work for you. For example, maybe it has a digital output jack selected as the playback device or something instead of your internal speakers.

Btw, there is usually a setting within the playback devices I believe that will control whether your speakers still play when headphones are attached. I think i remember seeing it one time before. I fear you have caused yourself alot more headache than necessary for the original problem. :/

LarsMacReady

Prominent
Mar 19, 2017

I let windows handle the drivers when I factory reset. There are no yellow or read marks in under the sound drivers. In fact if I play a video with sound and look at my audio devices it says that it is making sound. The speakers are selected as the default device and they are not muted.

TRENDING THREADS