Help me decide which keyboard to buy

Jwilkins99

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2014
Hey TH community,

I have 2 keyboards which I'm considering purchasing. please help me to decide which one to buy. I don't want to spend more than £60 on the keyboard and it has got to have RGB lighting.

This Keyboard Is made by corsair, a reputable brand which would match the rest of my setup. It's under £60 and has RGB lighting. It's also has a UK layout however it has rubber-dome keys.

on the other hand, this keyboard is made by E-element, a unknown brand. It has good reviews on Youtube and Amazon. It also has RGB lighting, is under £60 and has MX blue mechanical keys. it does have a US layout instead of UK though and will not match the rest of my setup (brand wise).

Which keyboard do you think I should buy? The Corsair keyboard with rubber dome keys or the Generic keyboard with MX blue mechanical switches? Please also bear in mind that I'm not a particularly big KB/M gamer and I generally prefer using my PS4 controller plugged in to my PC. I just want a new keyboard to replace my old Dell office keyboard.

Wulffz

Honorable
Jan 6, 2017
I'd choose the keyboard with mx blue switches over the rubber dome keys. I have a Corsair vengeance K65 and I'm very happy with it. Brushed alluminum finish with cherry mx red switches. I imagine every Corsair mechanical keyboard to be a pleasure to work on.

Nobody can tell you which switches you like more. I would recommend going to a PC shop and trying out each switch for yourself.
Another important note: Those are not MX Blues, but blue clones. What that means in the end can be anything, but they are not MX.

I personally prefer quality over hype. Just because everyone else likes mechanical keys dosent mean you will. I personally use a chiclet style keyboard.