motherboard ram issue

Hi to you all...I have a problem with my mobo..i have the asus 970 progaming aura..i got it brand new with the evga gtx1070 superclocked an amd fx-8350 proc. and 2x8G 1866mhz ram corsair vengeance...and the problem is with my RAM...my motherboard says that my ram is running at 1333mhz... :/..does anyone knows why the heck this is happening and how can i fix that???
Reply to Kir_1_
5 answers Last reply
More about motherboard ram issue
  1. Probably need set to 1866 in bios. The 1333 is default that most all motherboards set RAM.
    Reply to elbert
  2. hello my friend and thanks for the quick response..i already did that but it didnt changed anything... :(..and i dont know any other way...i am starting to think its a faulty unit and i need to change it...but its brand new wtf?
    Reply to Kir_1_
  3. Try 1600 to see if it works. You may need a bios update for the motherboard to get the RAM stable at 1866.
    Reply to elbert
  4. will bios update require format(will i lose my files or not ? )...
    Reply to Kir_1_
  5. Bios update changes nothing on your drives. It will erase you setting tho for your boot drive in bios. Thus just after bios update just be sure to set boot options back correctly and all should work.
    Reply to elbert
Ask a new question Answer

Read More

Asus RAM Motherboards