Friend Deleted Something Bad

Greyson4450

Prominent
Feb 16, 2017
I got a call from a friend last night, He said that he was cleaning out stuff on his PC because his hard drive was full, He uninstalled some application that he had never seen before and didn't know what it did. And 3 seconds later had no internet connection. He said that the yellow symbol was over his internet connection icon then the red icon came on. From my understanding the yellow icon appears when the internet crashes ect and the red icon when the Ethernet cable is unplugged. He was using WIFI. I Originally thought he had deleted drivers. (I'v had the same problem) But after going into device manager and checking all network adapters they all said that they were working fine. I then told him to restart it and a different problem occurred, He could now find all internet connections near by but when connecting to them it would load and load. I told him to check his modem and it was working 100% fine. He said that the icon that he deleted was blue and had an airplane looking symbol, It pisses me off because iv seen it before too, I've decided that he has deleted some 3rd party HP Internet access program, Looking around on the internet now to find it.

He uses a HP All-In-One Destop

Solution
Your friend could try to run HP Upgrade Assistant, it may be on his device already or he can download it from here - it will check drivers for PC and install any upgrades it finds.

closest I could find about a blue icon with aeroplane on it was flight mode in Win 10 but its not blue really, and I don't think you can uninstall it. You can turn it off though.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Your friend could try to run HP Upgrade Assistant, it may be on his device already or he can download it from here - it will check drivers for PC and install any upgrades it finds.

closest I could find about a blue icon with aeroplane on it was flight mode in Win 10 but its not blue really, and I don't think you can uninstall it. You can turn it off though.

Solution