Unable to print with Canon G3400

Jerry_92

Prominent
Mar 20, 2017
I have a Canon G3400 printer and it worked well until today. I tried to to print a PDF document via wifi and it just returned "Printer not responding".

While it can still be printed with cable connection, I would like to print via wifi. Here are some details of the problem.

1. I can scan using this printer via wifi.
2. I can go to the admin page of the printer when I type the ip of it directly in web browser. So, I have also updated the firmware of the printer. Test page can be printed when I tried to do it in the admin page of the printer.
3. I have tried to reset the printer to factory default and install all drivers again but it still did not help.

I am actually wondering if it is the problem of windows 10. Since I do not use my printer every day, I am not sure if there were some auto update in windows 10 after the last time I used the printer.

Are there any other folks here who also have similar problems?

Solution
Could be similar to what I had. I've got an MX436.

When Win10 1607 first came out the Canon drivers wouldnt install till Canon updated them

But then when the new build (probably from a cumulative update), of Win10 came out the drivers installed, but I couldnt scan wirelessly. But I could print

And the WS printer / icon (for the scanning) wouldnt appear in Devices and printers.

And I couldnt use Paint to scan wirelessly

Then I decided to go to devices and printers add a printer. I tried the webservices ip addy to add it and it finally installed the drivers I needed to scan with

The WS icon came up on one desktop but not the other. But both did scan wirelessly

I think the main prob is, every time an cumulative update comes out...

Jerry_92

Prominent
Mar 20, 2017
Thanks Paul. Not sure if any driver was installed. I saw that on 17 Mar:

Update for Windows 10 Version 1607 for x64-based Systems (KB3150513)
Update for Windows 10 Version 1607 for x64-based Systems (KB4013418)
Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool for Windows 8, 8.1, 10 and Windows Server 2012, 2012 R2, 2016 x64 Edition - March 2017 (KB890830)
Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1607 for x64-based Systems (KB4013429)
Security Update for Adobe Flash Player for Windows 10 Version 1607 (for x64-based Systems) (KB4014329)

It is apparent that no driver was installed....

Could be similar to what I had. I've got an MX436.

When Win10 1607 first came out the Canon drivers wouldnt install till Canon updated them

But then when the new build (probably from a cumulative update), of Win10 came out the drivers installed, but I couldnt scan wirelessly. But I could print

And the WS printer / icon (for the scanning) wouldnt appear in Devices and printers.

And I couldnt use Paint to scan wirelessly

Then I decided to go to devices and printers add a printer. I tried the webservices ip addy to add it and it finally installed the drivers I needed to scan with

The WS icon came up on one desktop but not the other. But both did scan wirelessly

I think the main prob is, every time an cumulative update comes out for Win10 it screws either printing or the scanning up

I think the other prob with Win10 1607 is, it's more fussier than Win10 1151 or the previous build for drivers

It also screwed my TPM module up that I had installed (a 1.2 TPM module).

After I updated to Win10 1607 the system wouldnt boot. It was because this build doesnt support 1.2 TPM modules for bitlocker

I had to replace it with a TPM 2 module to fix it / to get into windows

Solution

Jerry_92

Prominent
Mar 20, 2017
Thanks for the reply and information Paul. Sometimes windows update is really annoying. I have decided to wait for some updates from Canon. Luckily I can still use cable connection for printer so I do not want to spend extra time on dealing with the issue at the moment.

TRENDING THREADS