my computer is slow, disk usage is always 100%

zacharias1703

Prominent
Mar 20, 2017
I have a windows 10 computer with a gtx 970, Seagate SSHD, intel core i7, 16 gb HyperX Savage DDR3. and my pc is so slow when starting and up to an hour later. my disk usage is almost always at 100%. I can see in the task manager that the system is using the disk so much. is it a virus there is making my computer so slow? I am trying to not reset the pc, because i have so much on it. are there anyone out there having a good solution to this

Solution
Can you tell me what is using the disk at 100% load? I took this from an old thread you may want to try it but a clean install may be your best option.

"Open up a run dialog by holding down the Windows Key and pressing R. In the "Open" field, enter "services.msc". Look for "Windows Search" and "Superfetch."

Go to each of these entries. Right click on one and select "Properties." In the dropdown box labeled "Startup type," choose Disabled. After leaving the properties window, press "Stop" in the upper left corner. Do this for both."

KiL3MaNjAr0W

Reputable
Sep 27, 2016
Can you tell me what is using the disk at 100% load? I took this from an old thread you may want to try it but a clean install may be your best option.

"Open up a run dialog by holding down the Windows Key and pressing R. In the "Open" field, enter "services.msc". Look for "Windows Search" and "Superfetch."

Go to each of these entries. Right click on one and select "Properties." In the dropdown box labeled "Startup type," choose Disabled. After leaving the properties window, press "Stop" in the upper left corner. Do this for both."

Solution