Deepcool Captain 240ex vs Maelstrom 240T on 4690k@4.5ghz

valkata002

Commendable
Jan 17, 2017
Hello,

I am looking to buy an AIO and i came across the deepcool ones. My question is if the captain 240ex is worth the extra buck? If there is not much diffrence will the Maelstorm cool my 4690k@4.5ghz good enough? Or if i want to keep decent temps i will have to go for the Captain?

Thanks in advance.

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
I'll leave it up to the OP on their decision. I've seen and tested enough AIO's to not use or purchase one myself.

It is the simple solution that is used mainly to say you 'liquid cool', however not very well.

valkata002

Commendable
Jan 17, 2017
Rubix, i see your point but i have air cooled since like forever and im very undignified to say that most of my coolers were under the 30$ mark and i just couldn't get a good, stable overclock at decent temperatures so any upgrade would be worth. I managed to save some cash and i decided to get an AIO. Now, i know there are many more AIOs out there but a friend of mine has the 240Ex and is pretty satisfied with the results so i thought of getting it, just because i would be sure i would get a good performance at a low price. I never knew DeepCool existed before that and when i searched for more products of the manufacturer i found out about the Maelstrom 240T. Where i live it is significantly cheaper than the Captain 240Ex and im wondering if the Captain is worth the extra money. Sadly i haven't found any (good) reviews of the Maelstrom 240T and i want to know if someone would reccomend this cooler over the Captain 240Ex.

Thanks for the quick response, both of you!

~V

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
Understandable, which is why I tried to preface my responses with my personal recommendation. I've been used to building full watercooling loops for the better part of 15 years and by comparison, performance and capabilities do not compare. This is why most watercooling folks often recommend just getting a good air cooler in the $50-$60 (or bit more) range rather than similar amounts on an AIO because air coolers in the same price range usually perform just as well or better than AIOs.

This goes back to my statement I use often that 'just having liquid cooling, doesn't mean it is good liquid cooling'.

If it is good enough for you, then the AIO manufacturers have done their jobs.

TRENDING THREADS