my GTX280 randomly working/not working

Windrunner

Distinguished
BANNED
Jul 11, 2016
Hi to all

Few weeks ago,my gtx280 started to give black screens randomly,immediately after starting a game,not in main menu,but when the card start rendering 3D graphics...:( same in all games. card is working in windows,video,internet etc...therefore it was happening rarely,but now is happening
always,every day. and maybe not always. but the thing is getting worse and worse,for sure. now i have black screen almost every time i try to play a game. (dota 2,cs: go)
yesterday,i have played dota 2 for 45 minutes and no black screens. and then last night,i turned on my PC and started dota 2. just tried to watch an online match,not to play,and she gave me a black screen,immediately.
the card was working great for two months since i bought it. i have no big temperatures & AIDA and BIOS are showing correct PSU voltages. i tried opening the card itself and search for problems,but none of them found. thermal paste is ok,thermal pads are there...i have also reasembled my whole PC,and the card,of course. my idle temp is 49c and in load,about 75-80 at max! when the card detect 3D graphics,it gives me black screen,monitor says "no signal",and i can hear stuck/freezed audio in earphones. so,i have freezing with no monitor output. very soon,keyboard is also stuck,i cant turn on "num lock". so, thewhole PC is getting freezed and i must restart PC. i have tried OCCT (gpu stress software),and it give me black screen just uppon starting a stress test. but not always,im so confused...:( sometimes it works for a few minutes...

so...the card is working sometimes,but mostly not! i hope i described my problem good and i would like to hear some opinions from you guys. Thank you! :)

Ravi Sankar

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2009

-> is your PSU giving enough power to GPU?
-> If GPU stress is triggering the blank screen, then make sure that inputs/outputs to the GPU are proper
---> Use the iGPU and perform the same stress to confirm that software or OS not causing any problems
-> Make sure that GPU slot is clean (free from any rust)
-> Make sure graphics drivers are right version for the right OS

Windrunner

Distinguished
BANNED
Jul 11, 2016
forgot to mention,i had the latest drivers and i tried old driver,like 196 version. still not work. i will clean a dust from pci-e slot,if there's any. my pc is relatively clean,but i have one side of casing open,for better temperatures. maybe there's some dust because it's open. i dont have integrated GPU on my MSI P31 Neo board. when you say GPU inputs/outputs,you mean my VGA cable and DVI to VGA adapter? i can eventually replug them,will be done. here i can show you GPU-Z stats of my card. and i want to mention that in load,VDDC current can go up to 70A (ampers),is that normal? thank you for the answer.

http://imgur.com/a/Fv46c

Windrunner

Distinguished
BANNED
Jul 11, 2016
omg,graphics card is healthy 100%...ram memory was the problem. my third module (3rd slot) is making that problems,first one and second are ok.

Ravi Sankar

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2009
Test1 - Slot Test: Take One working RAM stick and plug in to each slot and check all slots are proper

Test2: RAM test: Consider one good slot, and Test by putting each RAM stick into it

From the above two slot problem or stick problem will be revealed

Graphics Card Test: Remove graphics card from PCIX, and Put all RAMs in all slots, and test the PC with iGPU. With this test Graphics Card or PCIX slot problem will be revealed

----

If you find any slot is a problem, you can clean and use it (I usually cleaned my mobo slots with petrol & tooth brush, worked fine) but I don't recommend petrol here, you can use any cleaning liquid

Windrunner

Distinguished
BANNED
Jul 11, 2016
i dont understand what you said now,sorry. PC is working great with 2gb of ram,and when i add +2gb,it wont work properly,not work in games. i have tried 3rd and 4th slot and no sucess. now i will try another ram module and give it a try. if no sucess,then the problem is hiding somewhere in my mobo or faulty ram slots. i have cleaned the ram slots,did not help.

Ravi Sankar

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2009

I am sorry my previous post was supposed to post in some other thread, by mistake I posted here, I have updated now, pls check if it help

Windrunner

Distinguished
BANNED
Jul 11, 2016
You're right,i need to put my good modules in slot 3 & 4 and check if they work. IF they dont,then the slot is a problem,or mobo. But first i will try one reserve good module in slot 3 & 4 and i will post here with answers.

Windrunner

Distinguished
BANNED
Jul 11, 2016
all working with 3gb of ram,but not with 4gb. 2gb module in slot 1 and 1gb module in slot 3,working solution. if i add another 1gb module in slot 4,not working again. seems like problem with faulty mobo.