" Outlet PC of Nevada " - Damaged Goods in This Modern World...

JadeStarCat

Reputable
Mar 20, 2017
I am an A+ trained Tech from the WIndows XP era. I do not build very many systems these days and run hardware forever. I recently ordered an ASUS Z170-K from " Outlet PC of Nevada, a fully untried vendor. When I pulled this mainboard out of the box I immediately noticed tha LGA was damaged and contacted the vendor the next business day. The Vendor asked for a photograph and then proceeded to imply by various means that this simply cannot happen and its ALWAYS the customer who causes said damage, end of story. As thus, aside from basically calling me a liar, both " Outlet PC " of Nevada and ASUS are failing to take any responsibility whatsoever for the state of goods delivered that were in fact received damaged. Forget about the shipping outfit. Possibly I'm missing something or not thinking things through fully, but this case seems to show very directly that the only way a person might be dead sure they are not charged for a " useless and broken " motherboard is to insist and contract for some kind of shipping terms that require the parcel be signed for after it is inspected for this kind of damage and subject for being refused as " damaged goods." I know I am not the only one to experience this thing as I have already read other threads dealing with the matter. The language used by both parties on the other end is evasive and in real terms underhanded. I will add to this post the fact that the box on this product had the appearence of having been opened before.
MY advice is do not buy from this Vendor and be very careful when buying the new LGA Tech as no one wants to take responsibility for damage that happens in ways that cannot be traced.