Help me guys

Snookk

Commendable
Mar 21, 2017
i was just playing on my PC , and by mistake I pressed the power key in the keyboard
And the PC was turning off I tried to click the cancel button I did click it but it didn't cancel the shut down
Then it was stuck at the shut down screen and the circle thing wasn't moving around so I just turned the PC off from the plug and then when I tried turning it on the screen was saying Dvi no signal
So I was wondering if you guys can help me

Solution

Okay at least you have a signal, that's good, this mean that it' most likely not your GPU :D

If the new cable doesn't work it means that Windows can't detect your monitor through that...

Ultimoto

Commendable
Feb 10, 2017

I doubt there's anything wrong with the cable but sometimes things can bug out and you have to use another input so you can at least get into Windows and try and manage the problem from there.

Other things to try -

Unplugging power cable for a few seconds

Resetting CMOS battery on your motherboard

Ultimoto

Commendable
Feb 10, 2017

It won't delete any of your data, it just resets the BIOS settings to default.

Did you try a different cable? That should be the first thing you try.

You could also try asking the guys on the LinusTechTips forum, it's more active right now.

Snookk

Commendable
Mar 21, 2017

yes i did it did fix it but i cant play any games on this cable ia m using its an VGA
i was using an DVI
but since i cant play games
i will be buying a new DVI cable

Ultimoto

Commendable
Feb 10, 2017

Okay at least you have a signal, that's good, this mean that it' most likely not your GPU :D

If the new cable doesn't work it means that Windows can't detect your monitor through that connection for some reason, same thing happened to me.

If it still does not recognise your monitor I suggest buying a cheap monitor (so you have 2 displays) and trying to following:

On the monitor that isn't working press the correct input (DVI) and then go into the Windows "Display settings" and click on "make this my main display" on the "broken" monitor. This should force Windows to detect it.

To do this you will need a second display so you can see what you are doing, any cheap display will work.

Solution