PC Crash - Black Screen - 'No Signal Detected'

elitemossyPL

Honorable
Jun 28, 2014
My PC has been acting weird recently. Basically, I had the first crash like this a few months ago (whilst playing CS:GO), I restarted my PC twice (first time I received a white bar with a few coloured pixels) and everything seemed good.

On Sunday, I received the same crash, again I was playing CS:GO, and my screen turned black, the sound in the game started replaying over and over, and my monitor came up with 'No Signal Detected'. I turned off the PC manually, turned it back on, and once again, a white bar with a few pixels came up. Once again I turned off the PC, turned it back on and it booted into Windows 10 normally.

Today, I received the problem again, so it seems to become more frequent, however after turning off the PC, turning it back on, I never got the white bar with pixels. I have no clue what is going on, and I would like to know what's wrong, whether it's hardware or the software. Once again, whilst playing CS:GO.

Hardware:
CPU: Intel i5-6500.
Motherboard: MSI H170 Gaming M3.
RAM: G.Skill RipJaws V Series (2 x 8 GB).
GPU: ASUS Strix GTX 970.
PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 650W.

Also, the monitor is the BenQ XL2411Z, if that is needed.

I am running on Windows 10 Professional (upgraded from 7) on a 250 GB Samsung 850-EVO SSD and also had two WD Blue 1 TB hard drives.

If anymore information is needed, I am happy to provide it. Thank you in advance!

elitemossyPL

Honorable
Jun 28, 2014
I have possibly found a solution to my problem. When looking inside my case, the power cable for the GPU was a little loose and sticking out partially, after sticking it back in fully, I played a full game of CS:GO without it crashing. I hope that was it!