New build getting "system thread exception not handled"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joel_64

Commendable
Jan 18, 2017
So I recently upgraded my motherboard, processor and ram. When I go to post though the most I can do is get into the BIOS. I keep getting an error for "system thread exception not handled" when I try to get windows up and running. I'm aware it's tied to display drivers since I'm using the same GPU's from my last setup. I just can't get it into safe mode so I can uninstall/ re install my drivers. Where do I go from here?

Solution
I found a "how-to" guide to fix that exact problem. See it here: http://www.troublefixers.org/laptops/fix-system-thread-exception-not-handled-in-windows-10/590/

Joel_64

Commendable
Jan 18, 2017
I went through all the steps and it finally gave me a name error code which was "AODDRIVER2.sys" but windows won't let me uninstall AMD overdrive because windows installer wasn't done properly. So I figured out the problematic driver but now I can't get rid of it.

Joel_64

Commendable
Jan 18, 2017
It won't let me install windows in safe mode. When I try to boot from the windows cd it won't let me install it that way either. Also what does that command prompt do?

Apr 20, 2018
I was having similar issues, and thought my GPU was dying but after looking around online i didn't find anyone saying what fixed my issue. I solved my BSOD errors simplay by reseating my GPU so it might be worth trying the simple things.

Reactions: YusufUSA
Status
Not open for further replies.