AS ROCK H61 Pro BTC Molex Connectors

Xavique

Prominent
Mar 22, 2017
Hello,
Since my old Mainboard broke, i had to buy what was left from the ones with the 1155 Socket, so I got a used AS Rock H61 Pro BTC, which is optimized for Chipcoin mining with it's 6 PCIe Slots. "For more Power" it has got these two 4-pin Molex Connectors which can be plugged to the PSU. In the manual it says they should be plugged in if I use multiple graphics cards. I only use a GTX 770 and a PCIe soundcard. Although everything works fine, when starting up, it says I should plug the connectors in. The message can easily be skipped but I was wondering that if more than one PCIe device is used, it counts as multiple GPUs and if it may make a difference on for example the 770s performance while gaming due to more power or if it lowers the systems heat production. So does it make any sense to connect them if i only use the GTX 770 and the PCIe soundcard or would it be useless?

Xavique

Prominent
Mar 22, 2017
I already disabeled it, but I was just wondering if I could get more performance or better temperatures when connected.

You are not going to lose performance while gaming. Your video card drags as much wattage as it needs. If you have an insufficient PSU you will experience crashes and shut downs that can be dangerous especially if your PSU dies. Maybe a silly question. Have you enabled in BIOS your PCIE 2.0 power?