New Motherboard and CPU, no display coming from either video card or Motherboard.

Apathy__

Reputable
Jun 11, 2015
So recently i bought a new Motherboard (GIGABYTE INTEL LGA1151 H170 HD3 4*DDR3 / 8*USB3.0 / 6*USB2.0 / HDMI / DVI / VGA / GBE LAN / ATX MOTHERBOARD) and CPU, (Intel Core i5-7600K 3.8 GHz QuadCore 6 MB) after installing these i went to boot and everything powers on, except i was getting no display. Tried using the display ports in the motherboard and nothing new. Took everything out bare Motherboard and CPU and still no display. I'm completely stumped as I'm not exactly the best when it comes to the technical stuff so any help would be very much appreciated.

Solution
Since you have a K series CPU I would recommend a Z270 board if you want to be able to overclock it, besides that I am not to familer with the current generations models.
A H170 board does not support a 7th Gen processor out of the box, it needs a BIOS update if there is one to work. Your options are to buy a cheap 6th Gen i3 or a 6th Gen Pentium G series (to flash the BIOS), return your H170 motherboard for a 2x0 series motherboard (with only DDR4 RAM support). Or return the 7600k and get a 6600k

Your board has a beta BIOS released back in December which add's 7th Gen support, BIOS revision F20a