How to stream all audio from the phone to car via USB?

SlightlyDerailed

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2011
I do not want to use my car's navigation/audio controls to select and choose files from a mass media storage device type usb connection.

For example I want to control youtube and soundcloud from my phone and stream all the audio generated to my car via the USB connection. I believe this is referring to direct bitstream?

In other words...I want the ease and convenience of plugging in via auxiliary input, but I want the digital USB connection in order to eliminate unnecessary digital to analog conversion and interference. I believe this would be superior quality than using my phones DAC to the aux input on my car.

My phone is an LG G5 and my car is a 2014 Ford Escape SE. I have an SD card input and a USB input. I actually dont have AUX input.

If you do not know how to accomplish this...can someone at least clarify what this is called? I keep running into articles about downloading all the songs off the mass media device and browsing them through the (totally annoying) car navigation system. I find this so annoying!

Thanks for any tips or suggestions!

Ralston18

Titan
Not certain that I understand the detailed requirements per se.

However my sense is that you have music on your LG G5 and wish to play that music within your car.

That said, I believe that you should be able to either connect your LG G5 with a cable so as its output becomes the input for your car's audio system.

Or, to be wireless, a Bluetooth connection.

Perhaps a 3.5mm (1/8") stereo to USB cable will work. Run from the LG G5 port to the USB port on the Escape.

All that said, is there truly some concern that there could be a fidelity loss between digital and analog.?

D34D M34T

Reputable
Sep 8, 2014
Or, to be wireless, a Bluetooth connection.
Only if your car audio system supports this.

Perhaps a 3.5mm (1/8") stereo to USB cable will work. Run from the LG G5 port to the USB port on the Escape.
NO unless you can provide a link. Audio mini jack signals and USB are completely different and incompatible as far as I know.
All that said, is there truly some concern that there could be a fidelity loss between digital and analog.?
Depends on the analog and digital signals. Both have good standards and bad (frequency response/SN ratio for analog, sampling rate for digital).

[/quotemsg]
Bottom line, talk to Ford. Auto folk don't seem to understand standards, Like Apple, they like proprietary systems to keep the money in house.