My processor says miracast supported, my sony bravia has screen mirror but it doesn not work

Esaelias187

Reputable
Mar 23, 2015
in my ddevices i can see on my computer that my sony bravia is connected, i can click on a film right click and cast to device, but i cannot screen mirror, when i press the windows key and p there is no option which says project wirlessy on youtube people have this i dont :( i know its some software issue

im wondering is it to do with my computer not connect wirelessy to the router and with a lan cable and the sony bravia is connected wirelessly to the router?

this is the exact problem i have:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/no-option-add-a-wireless-display-windows-10/4f93b673-75e1-461a-b3d4-769e93aac26d

Solution
You plan/requirements being:

You are watching YouTube Video on your computer. The graphics card has two video ports and the graphics card/drivers support dual monitors.

And you want to wirelessly connect one of those ports to the Sony Bravia with the end result being that the computer monitor and Sony Bravia display the same image. I.e., a duplicate image.

WIN + P presents four options. The option you need, if I follow correctly, is "Duplicate" to mirror the computer monitors image on a second monitor screen.

What you need then is something similar to this product...

Ralston18

Titan
You plan/requirements being:

You are watching YouTube Video on your computer. The graphics card has two video ports and the graphics card/drivers support dual monitors.

And you want to wirelessly connect one of those ports to the Sony Bravia with the end result being that the computer monitor and Sony Bravia display the same image. I.e., a duplicate image.

WIN + P presents four options. The option you need, if I follow correctly, is "Duplicate" to mirror the computer monitors image on a second monitor screen.

What you need then is something similar to this product:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/actiontec-mywirelesstv2-wireless-video-transmitter-and-receiver-black/6350009.p?skuId=6350009&extStoreId=&ref=212&loc=1&ksid=dd390228-30c4-4887-b179-a00640f000f4&ksprof_id=16&ksaffcode=pg201051&ksdevice=c&lsft=ref:212,loc:2&gclid=COHYhLmO79ICFUZLDQodQnwMdg

Transmitter is connected to the computer's second monitor port and the receiver to the Sony Bravia.

Google "Wireless HDMI transmitter receiver kit". Or change the search criteria as necessary to fit your connections.

Full disclosure: I provided the Actiontec product link as an example because I purchased a set some months ago. Temporarily out of use pending some room re-arrangements but it did work albeit a bit problematically.

Solution