System restore never works

I have a custom build pc running windows 10 and on the few occasions i have tried system restore it has rolled back and gone to desktop saying failed to restore system .... nothing changed ???

I use kaspersky av but i dont think this is the culprit because oddly enough i got the same thing happen on vista and 7 using norton 360 . The only pc i ever got system restore to work on was xp.

Maybe i am just unlucky , also , do i really need to set a restore point on both drives.

Would love to know why i can never get system restore to work.

Solution
System Restore is a fickle service, the service needs to be running well, configurations need to be in place, it's a lot of work.

I replaced Sys Restore with RollBack Rx (although Comodo Time Machine would work too) a while back, never looked back. Snapshot software works similarly but works outside the OS which makes it easier to manage.

Ralston18

Titan
Take a very close look at the configuration you are using.

Map out the process and destination drive(s) for the image(s).

If the restore fails (or has failed) there should be some error message or warning.

Check your Event Viewer logs before and after creating a restore point.

LukeFatwalker

Reputable
Dec 29, 2015
System Restore is a fickle service, the service needs to be running well, configurations need to be in place, it's a lot of work.

I replaced Sys Restore with RollBack Rx (although Comodo Time Machine would work too) a while back, never looked back. Snapshot software works similarly but works outside the OS which makes it easier to manage.

Solution