PC does not detect second monitor.

LightningsalesUK

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2013
I am running an Acer XG270HU and a BenQ GW Series GW2765HT, I turned off my PC before I went out, Both monitors were running fine with no problems. Once I turned my PC back on the BenQ monitor did not turn on, The monitor Does switch on however it is not detected by the computer at all.
I am using Displayport for both the monitors.

Solution
So it's showing as "disconnected" in Windows display setting, correct? If so, try this: (it worked for me!).

1) Go into your monitors on screen display and choose DisplayPort.

2) Whilst the monitors on screen display is still up use your other (working) monitor to go into the Windows "display settings" and move your cursor over to the "disconnected" monitor and select "make this my main display".

These two steps have to be done together and it should work.

So whilst selecting the input on your monitor, at the same time open the display settings and make the "disconnected" display your main display.

LightningsalesUK

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2013

Tried this, it seems like the monitors inputs have died. I managed to get it to load a picture however it was completely frozen

Ultimoto

Commendable
Feb 10, 2017
So it's showing as "disconnected" in Windows display setting, correct? If so, try this: (it worked for me!).

1) Go into your monitors on screen display and choose DisplayPort.

2) Whilst the monitors on screen display is still up use your other (working) monitor to go into the Windows "display settings" and move your cursor over to the "disconnected" monitor and select "make this my main display".

These two steps have to be done together and it should work.

So whilst selecting the input on your monitor, at the same time open the display settings and make the "disconnected" display your main display.

Solution